ASSESSMENT 2: VIDEO STIMULUS REPORT
VIDEO LINK : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gePTPA0wcag&feature=emb_logo
Intent: To enable students to identify poor nursing practice, specifically with regards to therapeutic communication and professional boundaries and to relate these concepts to patient safety and the nurse/patient relationship.
Word count: 1500 words
Task: A report based on a video. The report will explain how errors in therapeutic communication and/or professional boundaries made by the nurse in the video impact on patient safety and the nurse/patient relationship.
- Watch the short video provided to you, which shows an interaction between a student RN and patient
- Identify 2 errors with regards to therapeutic communication and 2 errors with regards to professional boundaries. Explain how two errors impact on patient safety and how two impact on the nurse/patient relationship.
- For each error identify and explain the correct actions the student RN should have taken.
- APA 7 references in text and reference list
- Paragraphs and full sentences
- Introduction (outlining the significance of errors in therapeutic communication and professional boundaries; outlining the main points of your case study response
- Body (written in full sentences and paragraphs; identifying the errors,
explaining their impact, and explaining correct actions)
- Conclusion (summarising the key points of your response)
- 1.5 spacing
- Size 12 font