|ASSESSMENT 2B BRIEF|
|Subject Code and Title||BIZ101: Business Communications|
|Length||1200 words (+/- 10%)|
|Learning Outcomes||This assessment addresses the following subject learning outcomes:|
- Demonstrate information literacy and critical analysis appropriate to the level of study.
- Understand and demonstrate academic integrity and authentic engagement with information.
- Examine the internal and external business environment to effectively interpret messagesin different business contexts.
- Identify and apply effective communication skills within a variety of business environments, including the use of technology.
|Total Marks||100 marks|
Now that you have completed a report outline and resource analysis in assessment task 2A, use the same topic for Assessment 2B to write a full report.
Explain the organization the communication issues and your chosen topic relating to digital communication technology. Discuss its uses, advantages and disadvantages. Identify platforms or applications (apps) which are appropriate and factors which will need to be considered for implementing in the workplace including recommendations, to complete your report.
Please refer to the Task Instructions for details on how to complete this assessment.
Your ability, as a professional, to use modern communication technologies to improve business practices is critical for business success. Equally important is your ability to write well-structured business reports to communicate your ideas and recommendations to a range of stakeholders. This assessment task requires you to demonstrate these abilities, in the context of communication technologies, in preparation for your professional future practice.
To complete this assessment task:
- Using the full report format studied in BIZ101, analyse your topic’s digital communication technology, different platforms or applications (apps), their uses, advantages and disadvantages. Identify the factors which will need to be considered for implementation in an organisation, as well as your recommendations.
- Both Assessment 2A Source Analysis and Assessment 2B Written Report must be on the same topic.
- Integrate the four (4) sources from your Assessment 2A Source Analysis into your Written Report analysis.
- For instance, you may decide to use each source for a different section or a combination of sources in a section.
- Ensure that you use headings for each new idea to clearly communicate your ideas and give the reader a pathway to understand your written report.
- Include any additional research as needed to support your line of reasoning.
- Follow APA style for citing and referencing for all your sources.
It is expected that you will demonstrate in your Written Report:
- A comprehensive and clear understanding of the topic you have chosen.
- Evidence of research and application of reliable and relevant evidence to support your line of reasoning.
- Critical analysis and the ability to develop coherent written arguments.
- Effective communication in the form of professional writing skills presented in a report format.
- Show that you understand and are able to use in-text citations and referencing skills following APA style format.
Please note the following additional information:
- You should adhere to the correct use of academic writing, presentation and grammar.
- You are advised to include a minimum of two (2) academic references which should be textbooks or academic journals, and two (2) non-academic references. Appropriate websites may be used in addition to those used in Assessment 2A Source Analysis.