A Capstone Project is a two-semester process wherein students conduct an independent research on a problem or question of their choice, engage with the intellectual debates in the appropriate disciplines, and - with the supervision of a faculty mentor - produce a significant paper that reflects a deeper understanding of the topic.
Capstone Projects are designed to encourage students to:
- Think critically
- Solve challenging problems
- Develop skills like:
- Oral communication
- Public speaking
- Media literacy
- Research skills
- Goal setting
How to choose a topic?
Writing a capstone project takes lots of your time and energy by itself. Therefore, every second count and shouldn’t be wasted on long searches for a perfect capstone idea. Try to formulate your theme as soon as you can so you can start working on it.
Start with brainstorming and jot down everything linked to your subject that comes to your mind, then relate what you have, read relevant literature, and narrow down your topic in a blank sheet.
A good capstone topic should follow the following points:
- A capstone project topic will contain an issue that you will solve in the course of your investigation.
- It needs to be interesting.
- Finding enough sources to understand the topic better.
- It should be able to hook you and the person reading your project.
- You can start by defining a broad subject and later narrow down your focus to the main point.
- Do not select a theme that is too easy or too complicated for you, maintain a balance.
- The importance of quality assurance and software testing
- Basic things which are essential to ensure computer, network, and data security;
- The importance of smart object recognition in wireless surveillance technologies;
- The economic models which are required for Information Systems
- What do you require to know about data warehousing, information logistics, and data mining?
- What do you know about text and voice recognition systems?
- The practice of different CMSs in e-commerce technologies
- The advantages of a car transportation system
- Problems of administrating networks in government institutions that work with confidential information
- The essence of data mining
- The significance of the Internet-based training systems
- Methods of increasing cybersecurity
- Marketing strategies that change to avoid offending and harming people
- The process of creating an efficient franchising system.
- Find out how popular brands change consumer perception.
- Basic ethics of business continuity and crisis management.
- Define a share price while taking interest rates into account.
- Manage supplier relationships
- Analyze different business practices which are applicable in certain industries.
- Study on when consumers prefer to use their credit cards.
- An investigation of running a business in a specific country and laws applicable to a particular area.
- Define the importance of ethical thinking in accounting.
- Mention the fundamentals of accounting and basic theories.
- Explain how popular accounting theories were changed over the decades.
- What is accounting for income and sales?
- How to develop new accounting theories?
- What are the specific accounting theories for leases?
- What is the essence of accounting for income taxes?
- Mention and explain accounting theories linked to applied management.
- What are proprietorship and accounting?
- What part does the accounting system play for fixed assets and equipment?
- Find out what is other people’s perception of the role of nurses in society
- What are the good practices for serious conditions and critical care?
- Mention the ways one can use to prevent ADHD among children.
- Explain Point-of-care testing.
- What is the relationship between the quality of nursing services and the duration of hospital shifts?
- What is Evidence-based practice?
- To ensure the quality of services, hold an instructional program for healthcare facilities.
- The shortage of human resources in nursing.
- Explain a few innovational diagnostic tests
- Problems in the communication of learners from different social groups.
- Mention the educational practices need to be revised and why?
- Ways to deal with plagiarism in college papers.
- How can one motivate college students?
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of both forms of education which are traditional and distance learning.
- Why is adjusting the form of assessing students’ knowledge important?
- How to reduce the stress level among students?
- Explain the importance of brain-based learning and teaching.
- How can a teacher manage a virtual classroom?
- The importance of classroom management in improving the behavior of a student.
- What are the issues related to bilingual education?
- Explain the speculative background of distant learning.
- Explain the solar panel control technology.
- Well-organized ways to manage on-site construction.
- Developing a cost evaluation guide for industrial buildings.
- Importance of contracts in construction projects.
- Elementary ethics of schedule control in construction.
- The use of traffic light detectors in cars.
- What are the benefits of using a computer interactive model to evaluate and improve a project?
- Explain more about the development of an adjustable temperature heating system.
- Use an interactive system to manage and control construction site costs.
- Recognizing quality gaps in e-commerce service.
- Explain habitual buying behavior.
- Does gender affect the buying trends among people?
- Importance of geographical location in consumers buying preferences.
- Avoiding marketing strategies that might offend other people.
- Developing efficient online marketing strategies.
- Creating a balance between offline and online shopping opportunities.
- Importance of a visual constituency in the website identity and product attitude.
- Principles of International marketing campaigns.
- Promoting your brand to a mobile marketing environment.