7 TIPS TO BOOST YOUR CHILD’S CONFIDENCE AND PREPARE HER...
It is not only performance in examination and project during the course that student needs to give the importance but also the strong rapport with your college professor. The strong affinity with the professor can help you find the right academic path to launch your career.
The only main thing that is required to bring a strong affinity with the professor is communication. It is the part of the professor to help the students find the right career path; it is their responsibility to make the students learn. Communicating with the professor when you have the concerns or the ideas will help you get the most of your scores is the crucial thing for your career. However, most of the students get nervous when they are about to speak to their professor.
We bring you a few tips to effectively communicate with the professor to achieve the desired results:-
1. Planning – If you get nervous while speaking to your professor, then you should expect your communication. The first thing that you need to remember is that you need to approach your professor as a resource and not as the authority figure. Mostly the professors are passionate about their subjects, so they want the students to understand and succeed in their disciplines. It becomes the proud moment for the professors when the students do well in their studies.
And it is only for this reason the professors keep the offices open for the students to clear their doubts. Therefore, without hesitating, you can plan your communication with the professor and then approach them to clarify the doubts.
2. Communication Method – There are various ways of communication with the professor. The first thing you need to make sure is the choice of the right words during communication with your professor. Approach your professor as the way they would like to be approached. For example, if they say to call them Dr Smith, then you should respect that and approach them with just the way they want.
You can begin by asking simple questions first to make yourself comfortable. If you are not comfortable in a meeting, then you can choose to write an email for short conversations. But do remember that the most important and the urgent things should be avoided in the emails. The right words with the right way can build a strong foundation for your communication with the professor.
3. Gather your materials – When you plan your communication with your professor then you gather all the materials that are needed. For example, if you are going to have a conversation about your assignment, then you should keep the notebook handy. You should be completely prepared with your materials before you approach your professor. If you are prepared with your materials, then you show your seriousness to the professor, and he will be impressed and ready to help you the best way.
If you are not prepared with your materials, then you may lose the chance to have strong communication. Always approach your professor with the attitude to learn and make sure you note them down for future use.
4. Timings of the communication – The next important thing to note to have strong communication if adhere to the timings allotted by your professor. If you have any doubts, then you can always confirm the timings with your professor. Remember to be punctual when you are about to meet them. Though the best time to meet with your professor is during their designated office hours, which are usually listed in the course. It is advisable that you meet your professors regularly to have clear communications.
5. Follow up and gratitude – Always remember to send the thank you note as the attitude of gratitude to your professor. This way you give them the highest respect, and they would be eager to help you more in the future. Apart from the gratitude note, you should also follow up with your understandings. The follow-up part will make your doubts clear, and your professor will be ensured that you have understood the concept clearly.
Just the short note of gratitude will do wonders for your professor and thereby your career path. It is highly recommendable that just like the thank you note after the meeting; you should also confirm the timings with your professor before the meeting. These short notes may seem simple but are extremely powerful in having effective communication with your professor.
6. Participate in the class – The most important thing the professor looks in the student is the participation in the class. So whenever the professor holds the interactive session in the class, you should be active in answering the questions. And for little doubts you can ask the questions while he is explaining in the class; this shows the attentiveness in the class. You should pay attention to your due dates for the assignment and other projects and maybe submit them on or before the due date. This is the only way to show them that you have taken their words to heart and are active in the class participation.
It takes a lot of effort and time to build a strong connection with your professor. There are many benefits if you begin your efforts in communication. Some of the benefits are letters of recommendations, career networking, career advice, and better understanding. You should consider the fact that you would need the references from your college for your job after graduation. The muscular relation build during your education will help you in the long run in your career.
Professors will always show you the right path for your job because with their experiences they know the potential and the capability of each of the student. Building the strong rapport with the professor will only benefit you as they will get to know better and will understand you more so guide you and make you understand in your way. When professors are familiar with the students when they approach the students in the way students better understand and give them the benefit of the doubt.
Students can't be Wrong!