Narrative essays can have various meanings which may differ in different universities and schools. Narration basically means to share your story in a more inspirational way. It describes the text which is used to tell a story.
Such kind of narrative essays is more popular amongst readers because everyone likes stories. You should always develop a good structure for your essay, write an interesting story, and use the basic guidelines for writing essay to get the highest assessment furthermore it is great way to indulge readers into scientific topics which can be understood by everyone. If you are not aware of the guidelines, you should search and view a few examples of similar essays. While writing an essay you should always keep in mind what are the specific requirements laid down by you teacher.
Guidelines for Writing A Narrative Essay
- Think of a topic. In a narrative essay the writer should be able to convert all his experiences into a story that holds a significance stance. It is usually not a great essay if the writer is not involved in the story and is not able to share his or her experience with the readers.
- Start with the draft. It is never an easy task to write a good story from the very start to the end without having a thought process or some planning. Thus, it is beneficial to create a draft of something you are passionate about and over time polishing it as one encounters more ideas or more refined ideas to some already existing paragraphs. You should keep on editing and saving the draft until your final copy meets all the given requirements. This plan is used by many writers; amateurs to professionals.
- Storyline elements. Every story contains very key elements which contribute to the final story. This includes basic devices such as the description, plot, setting, and the plot which help the story gain attention from the readers and make them question it on a deeper level. It is necessary to include such narrative elements to give the readers the best journey possible through literature and to really grasp their attention.
- The point of view. The readers of the story should always understand the narration of the story. It is always important to make it obvious to the reader the stance of the writer which can be achieved through lots of details of the event as well as the explanation of the behavior in situations.
- Proving and supporting. It is very important to express your opinion in clear words to guide the essay, but it is equally important to provide support to the opinions. This can be achieved through providing facts through research and other articles and properly citing references to provide a compelling dialogue. This shows the diversity of your own thought process and strong holds the conclusion.
- Do not write any information which is not related to your text. Some think it is a good idea to have multiple components to the writing piece, but it is not a good idea to give unnecessary details that do not give a clear guideline of the story. This can make the piece way too wordy and it only contributes to further confusion among the readers. You should plan out the essay and see if a specific detail adds to the story or distracts the reader, or if it contributes to a significant plot.
- Clear writing. Additionally, to giving less attention to useless details, it is also important to use simple words with fitting language in a given piece. The better the readers understand the point of view, the better feedback you may receive on the writing component. It is important to remember that some aspects of the story which are familiar to you, may be ambiguous to the reader especially in works of scientific knowledge. This can be avoided through providing clear definitions of words and keeping your audience in mind.
Describe events chronologically
- As an important rule, in such papers should be made in a chronological order which avoids confusion and allows for an easy read. It is crucial to not jump between points and to keep it in a certain order, so it avoids room for any discrepancy in the timeline.
- Read some narrative essay examples. The more you read the essays, the better you will understand how to write a well-designed plot; you can also refer to some video presentations in which the other person shares his experience so that you can present your own thoughts in the same manner.
- Double check the provided requirements. When such assignments are givens to you, there should be some basic guidelines and requirements which must be followed. If there are no such requirements given to you always ask for the details from your teacher.
- Revise your essay. Scan your essay for grammar and plagiarism, rewrite sentences that which include grammatical errors, and never hesitate to ask for help from your friends and family, there are various services too which can help you with revising and editing your narrative essay.
- Highlight the most crucial moments. Always while writing a narrative essay, you should highlight the most important arguments or points, so that your reader can understand your point and those points influence him in an effective way.
- Narrative writing is very much like novels, but they sometimes have rules for writing. These rules depend on different numerous aspects. Although, in order to write an A grade paper, you must follow the world-wide standards, use the correct structure, scan your work and avoid plagiarism, and if possible, try to explain the selected topic fully.
In addition, always keep on checking the grammar mistakes in your text. Even though you have written the best essay in the world, but it will not attract the readers if you have all sorts of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors the best plot will not attract and engage the reader if the text is full of typos and other sorts of errors!