There are many writing techniques that creates the different impacts on the readers. One of the writing techniques that is using to influence readers is the persuasive writing as it intends to convince readers to believe in an idea. The examples of persuasive writing are critics, reviews, reaction papers, editorials, proposals, advertisements, and brochures as they all use different ways of persuasion. This writing style is used to create the strong evidence such as facts and statistics. Such writings provide the accurate, current, and balanced information.
This article is attempt to the best and easy persuasive writing techniques:
- Emotional Problems – The best possible way for the persuasive writing technique is to focus on resonating with the emotional problems. The magic word is “empathy” to use in your writing as it drives the mission of your business. This is the best way to use the words used to create and emotional impact or response from the audience purposely. The emotional impact on the audience is the first step to grab the attention and trust of the readers.
- Incorporate Facts – While the first point focuses on the emotional writing, the second point lays emphasis on the facts, data, and other analytical information. The other easy way for the persuasive writing is to demonstrate irrefutable evidence which shows that this is the best possible option for the prospective customer. There are different types of evidence like anecdotal, expert opinion, and statistical evidence.
- Social Proof – Another best and easy for the persuasive writing is to demonstrate social proof at key junctures. The psychological phenomenon where people assume the actions of others to reflect correct behaviour for a given situation is the social proof. There should be the justification to influence an audience and to support each main point. Readers get interested if there is valid argument developed step by step with reasoning and evidence.
- Cover Objections – The key thing here is to take time to bring up and cover objections. An objection is rejection from customer’s end; therefore, the writer needs to think from the customer’s point of view to reject the product. If you wish to make the powerful impact on the readers, then you must make the use of metaphors and smiles to cover the objections. Make the comparison of one thing to another thing to gain the trust and attention of the readers.
- Rhetorical questions – These questions are the questions that draw attention and need not be answered and are the questions that make the readers think about the subject. The writer uses the rhetorical questions to create the dramatic effect or to make the point rather than to an answer. The idea here is not to accept an answer but to give pressure on a point.
- First Paragraph – Opening paragraph is the most important in any form of writing. It gives the first impression of the writer and can make or break the reader’s interest in the write up. Therefore, if the persuasive writing is chosen then to open your first paragraph with a hook. For example – the very first line after the topic like “after all! That’s the dream, right?” and this will spring up the question in the reader’s mind. The key here is to use the humour in your opening paragraph so that the reader finds the interest in your writing and also use the sense of humour in between so that the reader doesn’t loose the interest and continue to read till the end.
- Technical details – It would be wonderful to include the technical details in the writing technique. These details provide the proof to your ideas and concept you are trying to explain. The technical details create the authority image of the writer and readers tend to believe the writing technique. The trick here is to write with the simplicity yet include the technical details to support your ideas. The powerful thing to make the readers believe in your writing is make use of graphs and diagrams. Graphs and diagrams make the powerful impression on the reader’s mind.
There are many different types of writing techniques. It is only through the continued practice the writer fully understands about the total writing techniques. The writer may include the connotations which are attaching the emotional meaning associated with the word. One of the key points to write effective persuasive writing is to know how to convince a reader and acknowledge opposing the viewpoints. Students should know the different styles of the writing techniques to have the expert in your writing niche. The important factor in the persuasive writing is the selection of the words. The writer should use the different ways to persuade people. The persuasive writing is the best way for the students as they can express their views on a topic. Students will be able to help them forming evidence-based logical conclusions, opinions, and arguments. There is great thing of writing effectively is to repeat the act of writing something already said. The repetition of words several times makes the great impact on the readers. There is another interesting technique to write the persuasive writing is to sensationalism. It is to write the stories in a way that intends to provoke public interest or excitement. This makes the reader to believe it is important and it is full of facts. Overall the writer must remember the three basic modes of persuasion which Logic, Ethics, and emotion are. To have the effective common persuasive appeals the writer should keep in mind the targeted audience and then accordingly added value, adventure and challenge, argument, attraction, fear and safety. Some of other techniques is Guilt, Loyalty, empowerment and pride, reverence. There are few other tips to have effective persuasive writing like focus your headline on the biggest benefit you are offering. You may tell stories to the readers to grab the attention and to create the imagination of the story. You may discover new ways to include in your writing style and make it a new way to present things.