Subject Code: ECCDD401A
Subject Name: MULTIMODAL MEDIA AND DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
Course Code: HE20510V02
Course Name: BACHELOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE (BIRTH-5)
The table below summarises assessment requirements for this subject. Further details about assessment requirements including submission requirements and grading criteria are provided in the Appendices of this Subject Guide as well as on the subject Moodle.
|1. Professional learning network|
|2. Documentation and planning|
Assessment Event 1 – Professional Learning Network
Title: Engaging in a Professional Learning Network
Length: 3300 words (300 words per forum)
Learning outcomes: 1, 2, 3 and 4
For this assessment you will need to:
- Critically analyse and evaluate the subject resources and the contribution they make to your understanding of the topic and implications for early childhood education.
- Week 1 content will be due week 2, week 2 content due week 3 etc.
- Contribute a 300 word response to the Professional Learning Network (PLN) online discussions set up below for Weeks 2-12 by the subject academic.
- Respond at least two (2) times (guide: max 100 words each – backed by reference) to the continued discussion for the duration of the topic outlined in the following topic schedule in an informed and academically professional manner. The continued discussion should contribute new ideas from the content covered in each of the week’s subject schedule.
- Research, locate and critique two (2) examples of a digital multimodal text suitable for using with young children. In light of the readings so far, what criteria did you use to select and critique it as a quality learning resource?
- Research, locate and critique two (2) appropriate technology and interactive media tools to use with each of the following age groups - 0-2 years, 2-3 years and 3-5 years.
- Describe and support your response to - In the 'perfect' early childhood setting, what would be available to educators, parents and children to promote use of digital technologies with multimodal media?
- Research and critique two (2) types of resources available to engage children in exploring with coding and robotics
- Define and provide one (1) example of multimodal media to this forum that you would use to develop reading literacy. Provide intentional teaching strategies to support your pedagogical choice.
- Read and annotate one reading from this week. What are the strengths? What are the challenges posed? How can you see the concepts of these reading being applied in an early childhood setting?
- Read and critique the following research article:
- Critique one of the apps in link provided. Include how would you use the app to integrate higher order thinking according to Blooms Taxonomy
Learning Sciences Institute Australia. (n.d.). Selection of Apps on ARC DP New Play iPads.
- Develop an A4 fact sheet that can be shared with families on the use of technology and digital media in the early years? Use the EYLF, and the "Statement on Young Children and Digital Technologies" as references and any other source you feel may be beneficial.
- Reflective statement - how have your understanding and views have changed about MMDT and teaching application over the period of the last 12 weeks.
Your assessment should show evidence that you have read widely on the topic beyond the supplied readings and texts. Your assessment must use correct referencing, in APA style.