Subject Code: ECPPL403A
Subject Name:Research in Early Childhood Education 1 Course Code: HE20510
Course Name:BACHELOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE
Assessment Event 3 – Research Proposal and Presentation
Title: Research project proposal
Weighting: 60% (Proposal - 45%; Presentation - 15%)
Due: Weeks 11-12
Length: Proposal – 3000 words and 20 minutes
Learning outcomes: 3 For this assessment:
- Record the title of your research project.
- Finalise and record your research question/s (up to 3-4 questions)
- Record your introduction which will include your:
Rationale for your research justified with the literature, an outline of the context of where your research will be conducted, research methodologies (research approach, philosophy, paradigm, underpinning theory, design and methods)
- Review the literature and provide your finalised literature review
- Outline the overarching ethical considerations for your research project.
- Complete the Human Research Ethics Committee: Research Ethics Approval Spreadsheet available on the Moodle. Submit this spreadsheet as an appendix to your proposal.
- Outline the overarching data collection methods for your research.
- Design and develop the data collection tools required for your research project.
- Develop a timeline for your research project for the following 12 weeks (ECPPL404A Research in Early Childhood 2)
- Design and produce a letter of introduction for your research project
- Design and produce a letter of consent for participation in your research project.
- Using a form of digital technology present your research proposal and be prepared to answer questions and be open to critique.
Your assessment should show evidence that you have read widely on the topic beyond the supplied readings and texts. Your assessment must use correct referencing, in APA 7th style.