Essay on Children with Special Needs Should be Learning in a Special School Answer
Children with special needs should be learning in a special school
It is important to understand the children with special needs that are made part of the special schools. Children with special needs require special attention. It helps to understand on how to assess and distinguish the children with special needs that would require quick assistance and guidance concerning the disabilities by a team along with quick guidance from the doctor, a psychologist along with the special educator that would be part of the schools. It would help understand the best approaches and the required assessment in knowing the ability to detect the appropriate educational settings.
It is important to note, how the children with disabilities can be the best fit into the curriculum of the school format and it would help gain a better perspective.
- Children that have a problem of the locomotor handicaps (O.H.)
- The children having the mildly or also the moderately hearing impaired
- The children experiencing partially sighted children
- The children that have shown mental handicapped problems that have been part of the educable group (IQ 50-70)
- Children that have been experiencing multiple handicaps ( includes the blind and orthopaedic along with the hearing impaired)
- Orthopaedic, educable and also the problems faced due to the mentally retarded orthopaedic, includes the problems of the visually impaired and also experiencing a mild hearing impaired) (Cook, 2015).
There has to be a three-member doctors team, compromising of mental health doctor, counsellor, and the regular doctor.
- Reading skills
- TO be able to prepare and also make the child experience a better ability to attain new concepts and vocabulary
- Using video-based techniques, singing and the other abilities to nurture and help the special needs children learn techniques.
- Writing skills
- Ability to learn and write through the sandbox
- Recognizing numbers and using the integration in the tools and techniques used.
As the children with mild along with the regular moderate disabilities has to be entertained and be made part of the integrated form of the normal schools, it would also be helpful in knowing how to overcome the challenges foreseen and how best to integrate the abilities, skillset and the learning prospective, in making the disable child feel secure and be part of the curriculum school level (Lavan, 2015). It should be adjusted with the add-on to the vocational courses that would be helpful for the children with disabilities.