FYA002-0 Sociological Perspectives in Relation to Human Behaviour Assignment Answer
Prepare answers for the following sets of questions.
Week 41. From the first day of the internet, terrorist took to advance to gain supporters, threaten and cause panic through the messages they send through the internet and raises more found, by viewing them. In the recent article of the “Women married to Isis fighters due to land in Germany from Turkey”, that would be focused on the terrorists around the world are investing more and more in state-of-the-art technology and social media is a better asset for them.
Terrorism is the use or threat of violence that aims to spread fear in a population and to advance a political, ideological or religious cause. It's important to understand that not all violent acts are terrorist acts. It is also how one can also be concreated be made in terms of the potential effects due to terrorism and how it would be devastating and multiple. ISIS has focused on the experienced that could be related to levels - individually, includes their collectively and societally.2. In recent years, more research has been done about terrorism and their quality are improved, the research could do more to improve the rigor of the field will have more support, politically and socially. Present study about terrorism shove increases involvement a lot of women there are more meaningfully than men terrorists. Are a lot of studies about women and men in the dataset are compare the year of birth profession, education and conversion to Islam. Lots of people are membership in terrorist organizations .lot of researches about women converting in terrorism are born in 1990 and coming from the array of Europeans. In another perspective, it would be focused on how there can be a victimological perspective, it would be denoted to the 'personal victimization' and another perspective of providing an influence of the proximity to the direct victim. Another plan would be how there can be a " primary or devotion to the first order victimization, that could be understood how it would create a harm suffering that would be created how it can note how the injury, loss or death and it would be evident to create a mark to the secondary or second-order victimization, that has been done with the family members, includes the relatives or friends focus on the primary victims; and lastly it would be the tertiary or third-order victimization, creating it in perspective of the victimization, that could expose to victimization
3. Through the development of technology, more acts of terrorism appear threatening messages, ISIS is taking advantage more and more to create panic through the internet. Concluse is women were involved in terrorism by man. As the perspective base don terrorism, that could be connected to the effect of terrorist attacks that could focus on the victims and it can be created to acts of terrorist violence and it would be denoted to high proportions that can be creating a mark of the significantly affected victims (Christine, 2019). It is also how it would be making in terms of the higher end that would create the scale of effects. The terrorism how would be focused on the responses of victims that have been faced by the sociological perspective. It is also how one would be created that would mark it as a perspective, that can denote to emotional harm, that would be significant to relate with the traumatic stress symptoms and how they would be facing consequent acute stress. There has to be a sociological perspective, which would be faced on account of the exposure and objective risk that could be faced on account of the stress. consequential effects that could be denoted to the "changes that could be perceived as the risk of future victimization. Another mark to crate how there can be the resilience that could be noted to be the individual survivor play a role.
Week 51. Sociologist asked haw illness are experienced and interpreted by the sick person and those with whom she or he comes into contact.SOCIAL RELATIONSHIPS-‘’Do we create society or society create us’’(CLARINGBULL 2011). Sociologists studying the social meanings attributed to the concepts of health and illness have found several different versions, the main ones being health as balance and health as the function (Blaxter 2010)
In contrast to the biological perspective, which targets genetics and a chemical imbalance in the brain as the causes of mental illness, the sociological perspective emphasizes the influence of society via social contexts, relationships, roles, and statuses.
A sociological perspective would be ideally be noted to the psychological well-being and it would help to understand how different it would be fundamentally. The sociologist would be an edge to create a mark and also identifying the psychological and biological perspectives which would help to identify the personal qualities along with the displayed brain characteristics. So far, there has been a sociologists needs to create an impact in terms of social circumstances that could help to visualize the mental health and illness. The focus remains on the sociological approaches and enabling how there can be a succeeding life event, social conditions and at the same time, it would be related to the social roles, social structures, that could edge in the mind.
Who is the key thinker of your chosen perspective?
My first opinion is ''A person's mental health may also influence their physical health ''.The person who has mental health problems is not able to get a clearer decision and is not able to look after her soul.
My second option ‘’The psychological affect Anxiety or depression of multiple illnesses or chronic illness’’.
The mental health focuses on the perspective discussion around the mental health problems that would be substantially be focused on the exposure to social stress ( at the same time, it would be based on social statuses that could note life experiences). It would be based on the vulnerability to stress (includes a limited ability that would cope because that would be focused on the low levels of social support and holding self-esteem, or mastery. The perspective would be a social determinant that could focus on the mental health that can outline based on a variety of social statuses and at the same time, it would be better for socioeconomic status, gender, age, and race/ethnicity.2. The capacity of the individual to form harmonious relationships with others and to participate in, or contribute constructively to changes in his social or physical environment’’(WHO,1951).Difficult to define the line between positive mental health and mental illness.
3. The two key points which would explain the emotional well-being along with the significance of the psychological well-being along with the social well-being. The well being psychological and social have to focus on the substantial progress that could help to aim at better mental health. It would be focused on the state of absence based on the mental illness, includes awareness and over the focus on raising several concerns that can lead to misunderstandings creating positive feelings and having the functioning for simple mental health.
To note how there can be well-being to develop mental health that could substantially be reconciling towards a challenging life situation creating an unhealthy: the perspective of well-being.4. In the UK approximately 1 in 4 people are expecting mental health problems.
-disability people have not integrated into society Thomas Szasz ‘’Our adversaries are not demons .witches, fate, or mental illness. We have not enemy whom we can fight, exorcise, or dispel by ''cure'' what we do have are problems in living -whether these be biologic, economic, political, or sociopsychological ‘’ (1960). The Milhof Mental Illness American Psychdogist,vol15,p115
The disadvantages of these perspectives are focused on the 'poor emotional health' and having an insight into the ‘overloaded’, ‘burnt out’ along with the challenges to feel it. The feelings of the ‘overwhelmed’, would be created and how ti can resolve in terms of the ‘mental illness’ or ‘mental health issues’ that could rationally be noted in terms of the experiences better and how it would make a constructive to the people in your life.
Week 61. Sociological perspectives help to relate to the issue of gender. It describes it as a functional prerequisite that would be based on the basic needs (food, shelter, clothing, and money) which the breadwinner of the home (a male) has to bear all the expenses. It also describes how an individual tries to strive for a balance to live above the poverty line. The other is the structural functionalists that describe how there can be a gender that can serve to maintain social order such as experiencing instability or facing discriminatory gender roles.
It relates to stable social relations and focuses on the gender roles that could be discriminatory and would not be upheld. It focuses on the feminist movement, describing the rise of functionalism to decline or neglect the suppression of women within the family structure.
Structural functionalism is defined as an integral part of the society, that can balance the gender roles within marriage and have a defined perspective. It discusses, how in the pre-industrial era, there has been the men responsibility to take care of family, by working and hunting outside, while the women predominant role was focused on domestic responsibilities of home,2 A generalized view or preconception relates to the particular social group such as gender stereotypes and having a generalized view (Lindsey, 2015). It is also how one can develop a preconception about attributes along with the characteristics that are predominantly owned by the women and men along with the defined roles that have to be performed by the men and women. Gender stereotypes example such as, “women are nurturing” or assuming that “women are weak”.
3. While the functionalist theory focuses on the interplay and interconnectedness focus on the different parts of the society, in comparison, the structural perspectives focus on the interplay of different components that could define an overall structure. Both of the sociological perspectives also provides an edge to the relationship that constitute definite social institutions that make up the society (Grusky, 2019)
1. Modern-day sociologists apply the major theoretical perspectives, that could focus on the various perspectives.
Functionalists focus on the applied religion that could serve several functions in society. The religion, focuses on the society dependency for its existence, having a value, along with the defined significance, and vice versa.
Conflict theorists also aim for the theory of religion for an institution that could help with the defined maintained patterns concerning social inequality. Such as the Vatican religion reflects the amount of wealth, but in comparison, the average income for the Catholic parishioners is denoted as small.2. The differences that have been identified in between the sociological perspectives are the while the functionalists have a defined opportunities that could be created through a social interaction along with the defined formation of groups, the other, is the conflict theory that defines a religion that would be supportive of “divine right” along with having an oppressive monarchs that could help to justify unequal social structures. The other difference of the functionalists aims for the foster group cohesion along with the integration, while the other conflict theory focuses on the existing circumstances that can help to note the divinely ordained.
3. The definition of the Functionalists focuses on the religion that could define several purposes, includes the answer around the spiritual mysteries, includes an offering emotional comfort, along with the creation of social interaction, that has social control. The weakness of the definition is the spiritual mysteries and related offerings.
The conflict theory is focused on the religions that can promote the idea of believers following the circumstances based on the divinely ordained. The weakness is the power defined within the religions.4. The religion shapes and influences our behavior, such as restricting one own belief affects along with encouraging steps for the people to take on certain actions. Such as sacrificing animals on a festival to please God, which influences the human to do necessary actions.
Food for thought.
Over the past five weeks, you should have been in the process of answering a series of questions that will come together to form your portfolio. The portfolio is the only assignment that you will have to submit for this unit, therefore we would like to encourage you to reflect upon your work in this portfolio before you submit it on the deadline date. To help you with this please read and think about the following questions.
How well did your work meet the stated assessment criteria?
How can you improve your performance in future tasks?
We will revisit these questions in weeks 10 and 12.
Week 91. A child is the one which is defined as a development born child, that is introduced as human being stages of birth and with attainment, in terms of the puberty, or to show as the developmental period that could be related to the infancy and puberty. It is also how there would be focused over the definition of the child that could be related to a minor, that can be defined concerning the person younger in terms of the age of majority.
2. Family is defined as a group, of relation to the specific group of people and it would be related would be combined concerning the partners, children and it would be related to the parents, aunts, uncles and cousins and grandparents. This would be an asset concerning the family that would include an aggregate of a set of parents that have been living with the children.
The family comprises of all the family members, that have been exclusively been part of the one united group. It would include the combination of the rest of the members such as the mother, father along with the inclusion of the children and it would be part of one roof. It would also mean, how a family would do anything that involves love. It can consist of the family as “a group that would be related to the parents and children and as per the living together in a household.3. The family compromises of the changes that have originated since the 1960s (Wach, 2019). It includes a combination of the accelerating relation to the changes in marriage, includes the divorce, cohabitation along with the combination of the nonmarital childbearing that could be potentially be transformed into the essential family life belonging to the United States. The family needs to also ensure, how to derive a primary role in raising children along with introducing the elderly relative's Families would be part of all the rest of the compromised members that also belong to the different perspectives, includes as per the needs, obligations and would also include the part of the resources. It would also show how there would be a combination of the characteristics of individual family members that could be obliged concerning the change over time and would be introduced during the life spans that would cover the entire across generations (Cockerham, 2017). Families would be belonging as per the broader economic, social and it would include as per the cultural context that could be related concerning the changes over time.
Week 101. Health can be defined and it would be also one of the consistent relations of the physical, mental, and social wellbeing that could be defined concerning the resource for living and would be part of the full life. This would refer to an objective that could be related as per the absence of disease, and it would be helpful as per the recover and bounce concerning the illness and the problems ( Wach, 2016). Health includes a combination of the state of complete physical along with the defined mental and social well-being that would be consistent concerning the absence of disease or infirmity. As per the WHO, Health would also be compromised as per the " state of complete inclusion of the physical, mental along with the social well-being which would not be associated concerning the absence of disease".
2. In the large ethnicity group, one could define how there would be the large ethnic disparities that could be obliged with respect to the obesity prevalence: It would include the groups verge as per the obese would be the Whites (22.0%), includes the Latinos (33.6%), includes the African Americans (36.1%) along with the Asians (9.8%). Most of the obesity that would be consistently be affected would be related to the groups that would be more related to the others
Hispanics (47.0%) along with the group that could be obligated would include the non-Hispanic blacks (46.8%) along with the highest age that could be related to an adjusted prevalence concerning obesity. It would be also followed by non-Hispanic whites (37.9%) along with factors that can affect the other non-Hispanic Asians (12.7%).
3. The reason is prominently been seen, due to the bad lifestyles, due to the affected age groups that have a badly affected the 25 and 34 group, that has the second-lowest rates of obesity ( Wach, 2016). In comparison, the other is the middle-aged people along with those, that have a predefined retirement age which has majorly affected the most 'at-risk' groups. It would also be combined with the young men and women that have been part of the 16-24 age group that is needed to have the required BMI that could consistently be affected concerning the 20 and 25 and it would be the than any other BMI category.
The other reason which has been seen is how it would have affected obesity is due to the sudden rise in the nation's economic development. It would also largely be due to the socioeconomic status and it can affect the obesity changes. This would also be largely caused on account of the lower-income countries, and it would be the people with higher SES that can be predominantly be affected on account of to be obese. It would also be caused to affect the high-income countries, along with affecting the higher SES were less that can affect the obese4. The role of sociology would also be affected on account of health sociology, which could be related to the social causes and consequences that can impact health and illness. This would largely be related to sociology important and it can be caused on account of the critical role social factors play that can largely be affected due to influencing the health of individuals, and it would be governing the groups, along with influencing the larger society. The sociology of health along with the illness that would be interacted concerning
Food for thought.
Over the past seven weeks, you should have been in the process of answering a series of questions that will come together to form your portfolio. The portfolio is the only assignment that you will have to submit for this unit, therefore we would like to encourage you to reflect upon your work in this portfolio before you submit it on the deadline date. To help you with this please read and think about the following questions.
How can you improve your performance in future tasks?
Subject: portfolio submission.
Food for thought.
Over the first semester of your studies should have been in the process of answering a series of questions that will come together to form your portfolio. The portfolio is the only assignment that you will have to submit for this unit, therefore we would like to encourage you to reflect upon your work in this portfolio before you submit it on the deadline date. You would have been given several opportunities within the lectures, seminars and individual tutorials to explore and discuss with the teaching team how best to develop your portfolio by the assignment brief.
To help you with this please read and think about the following questions.
How well did your work meet the stated assessment criteria?
Have you referenced correctly?
Have you ensured that there is enough detail within your answers that demonstrates that you have answered the questions correctly and that what it is that you have written can be clearly understood?
How can you improve your performance in future tasks?
FINAL TASK FOR THE WORKBOOK
Please use the pages below to write your answer to the short essay question which will be written under timed conditions in your classroom. You will be allowed to take your portfolio into the classroom with you.