|Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines|
|Unit Title||Information Technology for Business|
|Assessment Type||Individual assessment|
|Assessment Title||Report: IT impact on business|
|Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping)|
Students are required to research on a real life business and the impact of IT on the chosen business. Moreover, how has Covid-19 impacted the chosen business and its use of IT.
- Students will be able to evaluate and justify theoretical and practical knowledge of information technology in a business context.
- Students will be able to analyse information technology issues in a business environment and provide solutions to these issues using their knowledge of information technology and practical techniques in a business environment.
- Students will be able to apply research skills analysing academic literature and integrating ideas from the literature to the information technology issues in business and in preparation for life-long learning.
- Students will be able to understand the ICT profession in information technology.
- Students will be able to communicate using effective oral and written communication tools, act in a professional manner.
- Students will be able to review and describe the major privacy, legal, ethical and societal issues with respect to managing digital information and information systems.
|Weight||30% of the total marks|
|Word limit||1500-2000 words|
- All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page. Submissions made after the due date and time will be penalized per day late (including weekend days) according to Holmes Institute policies.
- The assignment must be in MS Word format, no spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
- Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
- The SafeAssign similarity score will be used in determining the level, if any, of plagiarism. SafeAssign will check conference web-sites, Journal articles, the Web and your own class members’ submissions for plagiarism. You can see your SafeAssign similarity score (or match) when you submit your assignment to the appropriate drop-box. If this is a concern you will have a chance to change your assignment and resubmit. However, resubmission is only allowed prior to the submission due date and time. After the due date and time have elapsed your assignment will be graded as late. Submitted assignments that indicate a high level of plagiarism will be penalized according to the Holmes Academic Misconduct policy, there will be no exceptions.
Individual Assignment Specifications
The purpose of this assignment is to find recent news that involves , analyze the chosen news and produce a report.
You are to research a real life business example of your choice and the impact of IT on that business.
- What IT disasters has impact the business? How has this impacted public trust in the organization.
- How did the organization overcome IT disasters and the impact of Covid-19, in the last 12 months.
- What is required to apply IT into your chosen business? (I.e. cost, planning, designing, equipment, installation, training, etc…)
- How does your chosen business use IT? (internally such as employees, and externally such as customers, suppliers)
- What benefits and advantages does IT bring to your chosen business? (I.e. revenue, flexibility, reduces cost, etc….)
- What type of risks does IT bring to your chosen business? (i.e. security, privacy, confidentiality)
- How can your chosen business maintain and monitor IT?
Your report will be assessed on the quality of your research and report