Subject Code: ECCDD302A
Subject Name: SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING
Course Code: HE20510
Course Name: BACHELOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE (BIRTH-5)
Assessment Event 3 – STEM Project Planning
Title: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Project Based Learning
Length: 1800 words
Learning outcomes: 1, 2 and 3
For this assessment you will need to:
- Design a STEM project for pre-schoolers, which includes the following information
- A statement of the topic area to be explored in the project and a short rationale of the STEM project based learning (PBL) approach.
- A list of the STEM concepts, processes and milestones relevant to the project.
- Identify the expected learning outcomes for the project.
- Outline four (4) possible learning experiences (provocations) which can be implemented across science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Describe the resources and materials required for the project.
- Explain the relevant teaching strategies and propose four (4) intentional questions that will facilitate sustained thinking and engagement.
- Describe how you will organise the learning environment for this project.
- Explain how the project will be documented, ensuring childrens voice, participation and learning is visible.
- Explain how you will assess children’s learning and achievements throughout the project.
Your assessment should show evidence that you have read widely on the topic beyond the supplied readings and texts. Your assessment must use correct referencing, in APA 7th style.