ICTNWK504 Design and Implement Integrated Server Solution Assessment Task 1 Answer
1. Summaries the following authentication method and protocol:
- Lightweight directory access protocol (LDAP)
Write your response in 100-150 words for each.
Authentication protocols are the protocols that are used to transfer authenticated data between two devices. There are many authentication protocol that many organizations use for secure communication between two computers in a network. We will discuss the three types of authentication protocols in this section:
2. What are the four (4) latest network operating systems (NOS)? Write 30-60 words for each of the network operating system.
Network operating system is an operating system that have additional features of networking. The latest network operating systems are Artisoft’s LANtastic, Novell Netware, Windows NT and Microsoft Windows Server.
Microsoft windows server: Users can access multiple services from Microsoft windows server operating system. It provides administrative control of corporate networks, data storage and applications. In the latest version of Microsoft windows server, active directory is a feature that provides automation in user data management, security management and distributed resources management.
Windows NT: This operating system belongs to family of operating system given by Microsoft. This operating system was produced mainly for servers and workstations. It consists of two parts one is windows NT server that acts as a server in networks and other is windows NT workstation that are used by clients. Windows NT has features of remote management, application support, Remote access services, security etc. (Rouse, Windows-NT, 2019)
Artisoft’s LANtastic: This network operating system supports server, workstations and different PCs. Artisoft’s LANtastic supports windows NT and is user friendly and very fast among other network operating systems. It is easy to maintain and supports many platforms.
Novell Netware: This network operating system is developed by Novell and is designed for local area networks. It can be used in many local area networks like Ethernet, token rings etc. This operating system is highly scalable and supports many client platforms. (Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd, 2018)
3. Summarize the following:
- Three (3) current server applications
- Two (2) Windows Server 2016 compatibility issues and their resolution procedures.
Write 100-150 words for each answer.
1. Proxy server: Proxy server is a software system that runs on an intermediary computer between two end devices. The intermediary computer can be any server or any other computer. Proxy server accepts the requests from users and search for the request first in to its local cache and then if the requested page is found in its local cache then it returns reply to user otherwise it forwards the request to internet. (Rouse, Proxy server, 2019)
DHCP server: It is a network server that assigns IP addresses, sub-net mask and default gateway to network users. DHCP server uses DHCP protocol in which server responds to broadcast queries from clients. The IP address assigned by DHCP server is unique dynamic IP address. Router or switch can be used as DHCP server. (Infoblox , 2019)
FTP server: It stands for file transfer protocol server which is used to transfer files between different devices over internet. FTP server makes files or programs available for users from internet.2. Windows server 2016 compatibility issues:
4. What are the eight (8) types of documentation required for a network?
Network documentation is very important in the field of networking. It tells about all the requirements and processes from a single switch to firewall, access points etc. In a small network you can manage a network without any documentation but in large network you need to follow network documentation that someday some other may follow and remember you positively. 8 types of documentation required for a network is:
Layer 1 and layer 2 diagram: Layer 1 and layer 2 diagram shows the connections between network devices. Layer 1 diagram shows all the ports of the network devices. All the details of cables used in the network are mentioned in this section.
Layer 3 diagram: It include the routers, switches and firewalls used in the network with valid VLAN ID numbers. The IP address of all the devices are mentioned here. If you are using any redundancy mechanism like HSRP, VRPP, you can mention it here.
IP address allocation table: It includes all the IP addresses used in the network environment. The IP addresses are mentioned in detail along with their sub-net mask, default gateway, interface and sub-network.
Cable plan: This part contains the cable plan so that you can easily understand and use it in future.
Routing Information: It contains information about routing processes and the routing protocol used in the network.
Security diagram: It includes the security structure used in the network. Firewalls used or any other security mechanism like ACL mentioned here.
Network design document: contains the details of all the configuration,cabling so that client can understand it easily.
Routing Snapshot: For large networks it is necessary to include routing snapshot documentation int eh network documentation as it contains all the details of the routing performed on the routers.
5. Explain Windows Server error, event logging and reporting. Write your answer in 200-250 words.
Windows server error: Error in windows server that stops windows server from working properly. Errors in windows server may occur due to many problems or we can say that windows server faces many types of errors for example appearance of blue screen before restarting of windows computer is due to improper shutdown that causes problem in hard drive of windows. These errors can be troubleshoot from the command line interface of windows system and the affected hard drive can be fixed from windows command line interface.
Event Logging: Event logging helps the network administrator to get information about network usage, network traffic and other network conditions. Event logging helps in various other aspects like performance, transparency and security.
Reporting: Reporting includes the reporting of problems faced by any network device, network node, any host when an IP packet is transferred from source to destination. The protocol used to carry message related to any error or issue in network is ICMP (Internet control message protocol). ICMP is categorize in two categories one is error reporting and other is query. When any host machine encounters any issue during packet processing, error reporting messages will get generated. Some error reporting messages are like destination host unreachable, redirection, source quench etc.
On the other hand, query messages are generated when they are requested. Some of ICMP query messages are Address mask request, Time stamp request, echo request etc.
6. Summarize the following each in 100-150 words.
- File Management
- Print Management
File management: The process of managing a system that handles the data files. These data files are stored in a computer. For managing the files in an efficient way, file management system can be used. File management system manages data files in a computer system such as any individual file or any group file. These files contain the records of the office. Records may be an employee data, or any useful information. With an effective file management system files can be retrieved any time with less efforts. With the help of file management system, files can be managed in an accurate way.
Print management: Print management includes the management of print tasks performed in any work flow. Print management include all the tasks related to print. These tasks could be printing, scanning, faxing, and photocopying. All the devices that performed these tasks are managed through print management. Print manager is responsible for print management. Print manager manages the flow of printed materials in a print production company. He/she ensures the quality of the print products met the client requirement and the print products has been delivered on the time. Print management helps you to improve document security as well as environmental sustainability.
7. Summarize the following:
1. File System Security
2. Network file system (NFS)
3. Network file sharing.
Write 50-100 words for each.
8. What are the three (3) high availability options for servers? Write 50-100 words for each.
High available dedicated server is powerful computer that has high speed internet connection and is used in data centers. The server is equipped with redundant network, redundant power supplies, backups, RAID disk towers so that the server is always available to use in case of any fault or mis happening. Three high available options for servers are:
9. Explain network service configuration and network service security. Write 50-100 words for each.
Network Service configuration: In computer networking there are various network services. Some of them are directory services, file sharing, File server, printing, email, instant messaging etc. Network services are configured from the network service configuration page in WVA web interface. The common network services can be enabled or disabled from this page. You can configure the network port on which the services are available.
Network Service security: Network service security means securing the network services from any cyber attack. In any organization security is the common concern for the safety of their business data. Email services can be secured through email security. Use of firewall secures network services. Firewall filters the incoming and outgoing traffic and blocks the traffics that is suspicious.
10. Explain the operating system help and support utilities.
Operating system controls the computer system and allow a user to use the computer. It controls the operating system and act as an interface to use multiple applications. It is a software that is used by every computer, without operating system the computer is of no use. Operating system manages the processes, memory, software and hardware of the computer. It tells the user how to communicate with the computer as human does not know the machine language.
Utility programs are the programs that helps in managing, maintaining, and controlling the computer resources. Some of the utility programs used in the computer system are backup software, antivirus software, disk tools etc. Antivirus programs helps the user to protect its computer system from the virus.
11. What are the four (4) Windows Server Performance monitoring tools and tuning options?
Windows server performance monitoring tools are responsible for monitoring servers and network equipment, identifying devices, representing monitoring results, backing up switch and router configurations. Below are some windows server performance monitoring tools discussed:
12. Summarize the following
1. Task Management
2. Task Scheduling utilities
Write your response in 100-150 words for each.
13. Answer the following questions:
- What is meant by user authentication? Write your response in 100-150 words.
- Explain directory services in 100-150 words.
13. Answer the following.
- List and explain two (2) network troubleshooting tools and techniques. Write your response in 100-150 words.
- What are the five (5) network diagnostic utilities? Write 30-50 words for each.
Network troubleshooting tools and techniques:
14. How to test the server with the return error code 1603 and how to solve this error? Add snapshots.
the error code 1603 will receive due to one of the reason -
- trying to install an application that is already installed on the system
- the installation folder is encrypted or inaccessible
- the installation drive is not accessible
- the installation account does not have full rights to make the changes to the system
To resolve this error one need to do the below steps -
- check for the application if it is not already installed
- the installation folder is not encrypted and available for the install operation
- the installation drive is accessible and have enough space to complete the installation
- the install user account has full access rights to do the installation
The error message will look like the figure given below -
15. Answer the following questions:
- What are steps involved in validating changes for a system? Write 100-150 words.
- How can benchmark testing can optimizing the performance of the server? Write your answer in 130-170 words.
Change validation for a system is a set of actions that are used to check the compliance of a changes in a system. It is an automated process to check the changes made to the system are sensible and reasonable. The steps involved in validation of the changes are -
- identify the changes
- taking advice for the change
- create a layout
- implement the changes
- test the changes
Benchmark testing helps the server administrator to monitor the server resources, resource utilization, performance optimization and identify the problems before they can arise. It also test the capability of the application by analyzing it with different factors. Benchmark testing checks the load that an application can handle to maintain performance of that application in a heavy load environment. It is a repeatable process that repeatedly test the load and performance and also compare the characteristics with others to maintain the competitive advantages. The benchmark testing has mainly two goals -
- it test the system for the changes made. How the change can affect the performance of a system or application
- after testing the performance characteristic, it also fine tune the system to meet the performance level
16. Answer the following questions:
1. How can firewalls help to implement security for the integrated server environment? Write 100-150 words for each.
2. Explain workstations in 50-100 words.
17. Answer the following Questions:
- What will you include while documenting server configuration and operational changes? Write your response in 100-150 words.
- What are the benefits of cleanup and restoration of an ICT worksite as per client’s satisfaction? Write your response in 150-200 words.
1. Documenting server configuration and operational changes. Documentation of any process is important for every business person because it saves your time and protects your data. By documenting the server configuration a server administrator can save his/her time in future while configuring the server in future. He/she can simply go through the steps and by following these steps he/she can easily configure the server. The things that are included in the documentation of server configuration are:
IP addresses of each server.
Client installation methods
Configuration of all the components
2. Benefits of cleanup and restoration of an ICT worksite:
Clean work environment keeps the employees clean and hence healthy and a healthy employee can benefits the organization in a more good way than the unhealthy employee. Organizations with clean workplace are able to protect and preserve the company assets and resources up to a long time. Clean workplace attracts more clients and is beneficial in marketing field. If the workplace is clean the employees remain healthy and active and hence improve the productivity of your business.
18. Answer the following questions:
1. What are the different factors to consider while securing approval of an ICT project? Write your response in 50-100 words.
2. What are the factors to consider while designing a client report? Write your response in 100-150 words.
We need to consider both success and failure factors while securing approval of an ICT project. Both these factors are reversely affects each other. That means the presence or absence of a factor will lead the project to success or failure. Some factors that need to be consider, are -
- strategy and vision
- customer expectations
- technological changes
- project coordination and management of change
- skills of persons involved. Etc.
19. Answer the following questions:
1. What is meant by potential downtime also narrate what is included while preparing a downtime intimation to a client? Write your response in 150-200 words.
2. What is the importance of consultation with the key stakeholders and how does it help to effectively coordinate the task? Write your response in 100-150 words.
A downtime is a period when a computer or server will become unavailable for some period of time. Any system go through a downtime for a number of reasons such as power failure, shutdown, system update, reboot or server crash and many more. For a pre planned downtime, the client needs do be pre informed by the server or system administrator. When an administrator intimate the client, the specific information are need to include in the intimation message -
- the importance and need of downtime
- why we need to take down the server or systems. Maintenance, new services, updation or something
- what new features are there after this update. Etc
A stakeholder is one of the important member in an organization. Consulting the stakeholder will enable us to monitor trends, expectations, risks, challenges and value of the implementation or product. It also helps us in decision making with greater satisfaction of the outcome. This lead to a good chance of successful implementation by analyzing the pros and cons of the implementation with the different stakeholders. It symbolize a good transparency and governance.
20. What is the importance of the Occupational Health and Safety at a workplace? Write your response in 100-150 words.
|Occupational health and safety are important at a workplace as it ensures the safety of the employees at workplace. Every employer must ensure that the workplace is safe for all the employees of his/her organization. A healthy mind gives more productivity and profit to the organization. Every organization or company has several kinds of risks according to their business and due to this employer needs to find the ways to secure the employees from these risks. If an employer will not look after the needs and safety of employees, employees will not do that much benefit or output to the organization. If the organization does not implement any health and safety measures, it will cost the organization.|