ICTNWK504 Design and Implement Integrated Server Solution Assessment Task 2 Answer
Activity 1 :( Role Play on preparation of designing, documentation for the implementation of the integrated server solution)
|Minutes of Meeting|
We need 10 – 15 minutes of time to complete this meeting.
In this meeting we are going to discuss about the requirement of integrated server solution. Also, we elaborate the procedure of this upgradation, minimal down time needed to upgrade the servers.
All the members of management are invited to attend the meeting. A formal list of attendees is –
The venue of the meeting is:
Second floor, CA. Australia.
|No||Points Discussed||Actions Suggested||Target Date|
|1||Integrated server service and its benefits in our scenario||Listen and approve||01-01-2019|
|2||Implementation plan (brief)||Listen and approve||01-01-2019|
|3||Purchase of service and hardware||Review of budget with comparison||10-01-2019|
|4||Taking down the server||Temporary down all the server services||18-01-2019|
|5||Final upgradation||Implementation of upgradation||18-01-2019|
|6||Resuming services||Test the upgradation||20-01-2019|
Signature of attendee 1: Signature of attendee 2:
Signature of attendee 3: Signature of attendee 4:
Activity 2: Report - (Documentation of the plan and design of the integrated server solution)
Report on Design and Planning of the integration Server
AMEDA-AUSTRALIA is a small to medium size enterprise development authority. Its head office is situated in CBD Melbourne. The organization provide guidance to SMEs by creating guidance, regulation and create more than 200 feasibility reports. That helps the businesses to set up their business to meet latest customer requirements and current market trends. All the activities are done at head office by using the different server roles installed on the server. Different operating systems are used by different employees at different levels like MAC, Androids or Windows.
Due to the versatility of operating systems, the ICT department has observed the need to implement an integrated server solution. This upgrade implementation is helpful to secure data and other resources on the server. Also, this provide authentication system while accessing the resources from different operating systems.Department:
The new implementation has several departments, some are same as in the previous architecture. A typical list of departments is –
The list of possible stakeholders is here –
The implementation plan is supervised by the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Available authentication models:
The available authentication models for the users to access the server and other resources are –
- LDAP - this authentication is done via validating user name and password of users. LDAP directory containing the user credentials that are being validate at the time of accessing resources by the Active directory service of windows or Open LDAP server.
- PAM or Plug gable Authentication Module - it is a powerful authentication scheme which contains several low level authentication schemes into a high level authentication scheme. This authentication type is mainly used in Linux environment.
- Samba - this authentication has two types of authentication schemes.one is user level authentication and another is shared level authentication. Shared level security is only implemented in one way. While the user authentication is done in multiple ways such as with active directory, domain or by authentication server.
- NDS or Novell Directory Services - this authentication is done via the Novell server. The user credentials are stored in the directory server that authenticate the user at the time accessing the resources.
- Enterprise single sign-on - it is a session authentication, where a user only once enters its credential and can access multiple services from the single authenticated session.
- Public key authentication - PKI authentication method has an authentication key that verifies the identity of a user. It is one of the secure authentication methods where instead of entering user-name or password, the user is verified by its authentication key.Reason for selecting the authentication model and protocol:
We choose public key authentication with SSH. PKI with secure shell is become more strong identity. When the user logs in to the server, they need to provide their user authentication key with the correct password or pass-phrase. So, it become more secure authentication mechanism in our server and data protection.Design of integrated server:
We develop a new server design, as shown in the above figure. In this upgradation design, we purchase a racked server that has multiple servers in it. This racked server will replace all the server hardware that are previously installed. All the server roles are installed on different servers mounted in these racks. The previous network configuration is used in this new server upgradation. A router is connected with the firewall and switch. The switch connects all the end user devices installed in the organization. Other details of server configuration are further described in the above section.
The previous installed servers are now replaced with the new high configuration server racks, where different servers are mounted and having different server roles. The integration service is installed to combine the different operating system authentication request. The installed server roles are Active directory domain controller, DNS, DHCP, File Server, Mail server, FTP server, SQL server and Application server.
After the upgradation, all the server roles are configured with the new authentication scheme. We use public key authentication with secure socket layer (SSL). That provide two layers of authentication with the passkey and pass phrase.
Now the server and it’s all services are live and can be accessed by the clients.Configurations made to server:
All the server roles are integrated with the authentication service. The installed server roles are –
Authentication integration –
The active directory domain server is installed with the authentication server. This server is the only domain in the hierarchy and has all the users and group details such as user credentials, in its active directory user and computers. So, this server will now become the authentication server for all the connected devices like servers, clients and other resources. Below listed steps are taken to configure the public key authentication on this server –
ABC Assignment Help for one reason became my favorite because they don’t have a very complex signing up process and it’s very simple so everybody can use it. I was able to sign in without any hassle as my Company Law Assignment was due and they did it for me in a very efficient manner and I am very delighted with their service and a heartiest thanks.
I work part time to meet my expenses apart from college and I took this as a decision to not burden my parents. A while later I started feeling great amount of stress in balancing it all together and decided to seek help from ABC Assignment Help for my Commercial Law Assignment and they did my assignment for me and I am super satisfied with their work style. Thank you so much.
I had a harsh week as I was extremely debilitated and every one of my assignments were getting excessively and caused me an incredible mental breakdown. A companion of mine seeing my circumstance asked me to utilize ABC Assignment encourage, their quick and efficient administrations helped me complete my Contract Law Assignment with less stress
Rihana, New South Wales