|Subject Code and Name||INP605: Industry Placement|
|Learning Outcomes||This assessment addresses the following subject learning outcomes:|
- Identify & illustrate key performance competencies for success in the industry
- Critically evaluate the operations of a hospitality, events or tourism organisation from a management perspective
- Assess and compare the differences of employability trends in a global context
- Evaluate and implement strategies for personal & professional action planning.
- Analyse the value of interrelationships between various internal stakeholders to achieve strategic business objectives.
|Weighting||Part A = 25% Part B = 25%|
Mid-term proof of hours=15%
Total proof of hours = 35%
|Total Marks||100 marks|
Part A: Reflective Essay (2,500 words)- Weighting: 25%
To fulfil Part (A) you are to construct a reflective essaythat addresses the following key points:
- A brief overview of your organization and position.
- Your performance as it relates tosecuring your placement, particularly the preparation, application and selection process.
- Critical evaluationyourinduction andtrainingprocesses intothe organization and related department.
- Identification and comparison of your department’s operating objectives and their alignment with the organization’s overall objectives. Critique of the overall performance concerning departmental andorganizational objectives.
- Recommendations for improvement of the recruitment, induction and training process of theorganization.
Part B: Report (2,500 words)- Weighting: 25%
To fulfil Part B, you must construct a report that addresses the following key points:
- Criticallyanalysehowyourdepartment’sinternalandexternalstakeholders contribute toward the department and hotel’s objectives. Draw conclusions from your experience and rely upon academic sources to explain and justify the importance of these relationships.
- As an internal stakeholder, critically reflect on your performance and contribution toward the department and hotel’s objectives. Consider the following in your response:
- Your keystrengths;
- Areas of overall performance that could be improved;
- How your placement has contributed to your leadership behaviour
- A justificationof yourlong term (three to five year) career goals and your strategy to achieve them