|Subject Code and Title||INP202 – Industry Practicum 2|
|Assessment||Industry Practicum Report|
|Length||2000 words (+/- 10%)|
- Develop knowledge, skill and abilities acquired through prior studies and industry to the work environment;
- Appraise experiences within the specialisation sector;
- Assess and argue key performance competencies for building a career in an employment environment;
- Elaborate upon the interplay between the organization and its microenvironment.
The content/research for this report should be compiled throughout the subject and submitted at the end of a 400 hour industry placement. The aim of the report is to fully analyse the chosen workplace against the studied theory and principles of successful business and its environment. It offers an opportunity to apply and test the knowledge and skills of prior learning to a specific establishment in the chosen industry and will aid in the identification of further development needs.
The focus of the Report should be on critically analysing your industry placement organisation within its microenvironment. Your analyses should carefully contextualise the principles and theory studied in this course as well as other prior learning courses to your specifically approved industry placement company. The company should be fully introduced and its workings analysed in a full business report. A high emphasis will be placed on the identification of areas for improvement and appropriate recommendations made on the
practice of the organisation in context of the studied fields. You may use the findings in your reflection journal to assist with the analyses and recommendations.
The report should:
- Be submitted in Week 11 after completion of the 400 hour industry placement.
- Be written as a full business report (executive summary, page of contents, introduction, body, conclusion and reference list).
- Consist of 2000 words (+/- 10%).
- Thoroughly introduce the company as part of the introduction.
- Analyse the company in the context of the studied topics in the modules of this course.
- Clearly show the application of theory, principles and previous learning to the analyses.
- Identify and motivate areas of opportunity and improvement in context of the findings of the analyses.
- Make improved practice recommendations throughout.
- Show thorough research of the business environment the company operates in.
- Be fully referenced using the APA style both in-text as well as in a suitable reference list at the end of the report.
Use the following guiding notes as a framework for the report:
- You are required to compile a comprehensive business report on the organisation you are doing your work experience at. The report should focus on critically analysing the organisation in terms of the theory and principles we studied during this course and prior studies with a focus on:
- Industry synergy and trends
- Organisation’s marketing mix
- Organisation’s competitiveness
- Organisation’s service management
- Staff Retention and development and
- Ethics and social responsibility.
- Be very specific in the analyses and comment on good practice as well as motivate areas for improvement in your organisation.
- Make specific recommendations on all areas of the study with direct application to the organisation you work for.
- Use the prescribed sources as basis for information and extend these sources through the application of prior learning and further research, especially the business environment the organisation operates in. Good referencing is essential.