Interventions of Social Worker to Treat Sam and Megan: Children and Families Assessment Answer
Inferior social and coping skills can lead a child to suffer from several vulnerable situations. Alongside, poor physical and mental health can hamper the academic life of kids. Sam and Megan both suffer from several bruises and marks. It might be due to fighting or some sports games. If Sam and Megan have excellent physical health and mental health, they can easily tackle those situations efficiently. According to context, the social worker is responsible for improving the health of the kids. Thus, some useful strategies are required to improve their physical as well as mental health. For treating the children, the social worker needs excellent intervention strategies. Effective and efficient working with the children can develop a bright future for them as well as help the kids to overcome a situation.
Interventions of the social worker to treat Sam and Megan:
1.Enhancement of communication power:
A.Carry out training sessions:
The social worker should recognise the feelings of Sam and Megan in order to carry out a conversation in an efficient manner. In this regard, the caregiver of the Tusla office can carry out a daily basis training classes in order to teach them how to communicate with others. Along with that, some role-play activities can also be carried out by the social worker regarding the enhancement of communication power.
B. Communication through playing:
The social worker should conduct some gaming sessions as children like to play games. During the play session, the social worker and Sam and Megan will communicate with each other that can increase their communication ability (Mentalhelp, 2020). Playing courses with conversation can definitely increase the communication power of Sam and Megan.
- Communication power of kids can increase through the methods which are mentioned earlier in this portion.
- Alongside, communication skills are essential for achieving Carter growth. Thus, by having excellent communication power, both of the children can fulfil their desires.
- Sometimes it is found that children become more talkative due to gameplay sessions regarding enhancement of communication.
- Moreover, children say each and everything which does not have any sort of meaning.
2. Development of confidence:
A.Encourage them in any situation:
Children learn from their mistakes. Thus, the social worker should encourage them though they made some mistakes in any case. If the children feared due to their failure, the social worker should pamper them in order to recover them from the situation (Business Insider. 2020).
The caregiver should appreciate the children regarding any sort of situation. Sam and Megan should gain appreciationfrom the social worker due to their hard work in a gaming session.
- Confidence is an essential part of life to achieve future goals which can be developed through the methods as mentioned earlier.
- By developing confidence, children can combat with any dangerous situation.
- Due to appreciation in every stage, sometimes children think they do everything right.
- Confidence is reasonable, but overconfidence is not. By implementing the above-stated strategies, sometimes children become overconfident.
3.Enrich the concentration power:
A.Focus games and exercise:
Children learn through gaming more than studying. Therefore, Crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles are effective ways regarding the same (Flintobox. 2020). It should be fun-oriented and development of a joyful environment. Also, the caregiver should restrict tablets, mobiles, desktop as they can distract the children from their gaming.
The social worker should tell the children to sit on a chair without moving their any body parts. By this method, Sam and Megan can develop a calm personality. Along with that, the concentration level of them can be increased by this method.
- By the help of competent concentration level children can deliver focus in their studies.
- Due to the help of the above strategies, calmness and patience can also be developed.
- Due to the gameplay sessions, children sometimes do not willing to concentrate on any other thing which can hamper their learning.
- Over engaging with games can hamper eyes as well as the effectiveness of the brain.
4. Strategy to support mentally:
A. Listening to their choices
It is very much important for Sam and Megan to get proper mental support. Due to the death of their mother they did not love and support of their mom. In that situation, it is important for social workers to understand their choices first rather than ignoring it (Walke et al., 2018). It will help Sam and Megan to feel much better and can recover from this situation significantly.
B. Sticking with what they love:
The social worker has to understand which things can bring happiness in the life of Sam and Megan. By understating their potential, some training sessions should be organised by the caregiver during which the social worker asked them to take a break from calming activities, and few minuted later the social worker pointed out that they calm themselves down. By the help of this method, proper mental support can be provided.
- Effective mental support can be provided through this method
- Proper mental support can help them to overcome this situation and focus on their study
- Sometime such methods could lead both Sam and Megan towards a different direction.
5.Improvement of physical health of the children by the help of stress theory:
According to physician Brosschot et al. (2018), stress can be defined as the non-special response of any body part due to secretion of glucocorticoids. Due to the impact of this, a massive level of stress developed in both of them. Sam and Megan do not communicate effectively regarding the issues due to fact of stress. In this regard, the caregiver should focus on the appraisal focused strategy in order to implement the stress theory and help the kids to overcome from this hazardous situation. The caregiver should try to include outdoor activities for removing stress on the kids. Alongside, according to the stress theory, an emotion-focused strategy should be taken into account by the caregiver. By the help of this approach, the social worker can pent up the emotions of those kids efficiently.
- By the strategies as mentioned earlier, the social worker can develop excellent coping skills in the kids by the help of which the kids become mentally and physically strong as well as they can tackle a hazardous situation.
- In regards to the same, autogenic training can be the most effective strategy. But sometimes, kids are ready to practice daily 15minutues sessions due to stress and low concentration.
6.Supporting the kids by resilience theory:
According to Rueben Hill, resilience theory consists of family stress, adaptation and adjustment (Lind et al. 2018). Sam and Megan both are suffering from several bruises. It may be occurred due to sports activities or fighting. Thus, their physical health destructed. According to the resilience theory, the social worker should communicate competently with the children. Alongside, positive attributes should be developed in the kids. Besides, family flexibility should be incorporated. Moreover, Sam and Megan should be put into social integration by the caregiver in order to procure their mental and physical health.
- Resilience theory includes six assumptions. If the social worker implements strategies mentioned above regarding the assumption, then the children can be recovered very quickly.
- Supportive family perception is required to practice the strategies. sometimes it is not possible to implement the theory due to lack of communication and concentration power.
7. Improvement of physical health of the kids:
Sam and Megan need to develop their physical health to a greater extent. Thus, the social worker should conduct some fun play activities. By this strategy, the kids will be more involved with exercise which can improve their health. Alongside, active toys should be provided to the kids by the caregiver such as balls, jump ropes, etc. Furthermore, a training session should be conducted by the caregiver regularly to give the time for exercise (Driediger et al 2018).
- The above strategies quickly develop excellent physical fitness in the children.
- Exercise with a balanced diet is required to carry out. If the diet is more and training is not and vice versa then the strategies can negatively impact on the physical health of Sam and Megan.
8. How to improve the mental health of the children:
The social worker should teach the kids that everyday's survival is common for everyone on this earth. Often it is found that, children get stuck due to too much focusing on the struggles. In this regard, the caregiver should provide them the knowledge of natural skills and passion. By the help of this self esteem can be developed within the kids. Leisure activities are truly beneficial regarding this (Blogger, 2020). By developing high coping skills mental growth can be achieved. In fact, this strategy can make them helathier, strong and confident.
- By the help of aforementioned strategy the kids can be learnt effective skills to tackle emotional dilemma.
- Mental health is broadly depends upon the phsIycal condition of the kids. Thus, before applying the stragey it is necessary to improve their physical health in order to teach them how to combat with a hazardous situation.
For developing good character with excellent coping skills, enriched concentration power, positive attitude, the strategies mentioned above are very useful. If the social worker can deploy the plan, Sam and Megan's life can transform into a prosperous life.