ITAP3009 Software Design for Vermont Council Social Services Assessment Answer
SOFTWARE ANALYSIS, DESIGN, AND ARCHITECTURE
In this work, it is going to elaborate on the group of “Vermont Council Social Services” who provide the social service to the needy people and according to that, a management system will be designed based on the different types of criteria of the service. Different kinds of requirements are there on the above topic. There are different strategy of the group and considering all the plans the use case and the case scenario will be made and depends on the case scenario the different kinds of diagrams will be designed like the "Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Diagrams, and Class Diagrams" and the design process will also be elaborated in the below research work and the research work will come to a conclusion at the end of the research work.
In this research work, it will be going to discuss a social service group "Vermont Council Social Services" who provides social services to the needy people. The intention of all the social service group is to fulfill the requirements and needs of the people who need help due to their bad circumstances. It also provides services to help enable people to live their own lives independently within the community and families of their own for a long period of time. These social service groups stand beside the carers and parents in their hard times. The groups work with other teams like the private agencies, health care providers, and voluntary organizations. They also help disabled adults and children and their main motto is to promote their welfare service to all wide so that people got aware of that and provides helping hands to the social workers.
This "Vermont social service" is having a broad range of constitutional authority to provide directly the services of social care to give the needy people and a comfortable and happy life. They actually provide their service to the two types of people- one is the "young people, children and their families" and another is "adults people who are disabled in some cause needs help". Social service needs lots of money and good management so that money can be utilized in a way so that it works very well for the service. They can also provide some charge to the people who will be capable of paying some. Their providing service is listed below-
- protection of the child
- support to the families
- daily living equipment
- home adaptations
- foster care
- residential care
- youth justice
- support for "young people leaving care"
- "registration and inspection" of facilities for the children who are in the age of under 8
- "Support and help" for adults disabled people
- All the details regarding the clients and carers must be recorded in the social service database. The details are like the addresses, names and contact details of each and every client (Athar, Liaqat & Azam, 2016). These details are the same for the client's carer as well. It also needs to records the payment of the capable people and the current status of each client for the service which is provided to them (Bi, Liang & Tang, 2018).
- It needs to add the records in the database about the social workers and their grades, who are working in the "adult service department".
- It needs to maintain a database where the workloads provide to all the workers will be recorded (Goering et al. 2016). This database record will also be provided to the managers on a period of yearly, monthly and weekly basis.
- The workers will permit to make a survey on meeting with each client about their requirement of services, start date and the number of hours.
- Does not permitted to access the confidential data of each and every client, which is in the database of password system that can be seen by the workers but they will not be in situation to update or modify any single data from the database and that is totally controlled by the administrator of the group (González et al. 2016). No one can even access the details of each and every social worker and the supervisor as well.
A service or organization needs a well-planned management team to maintain all the necessary jobs. People all alone cannot be able to run an organization that works for providing service to the people who much need it. This social service group needs lots of enthusiast social worker who will be all-time together to help needy people. Managing all the workers is also a challenge (Leigh, Wermelinger & Zisman, 2017). All these need a system to manage the services.
First of all there must be a team who will be working on the as the inspection purpose like when the group will provide any service to any people or get a request for a service from any needy people then that inspection team will inspect the needs of needy people. In this process, not only the inspect team but also the family members of the needy person or any other carers can also be involved and the needs of the carer will definitely be accessed. The provided service will also depend on some of the criteria like "the priority, the urgency of need, eligibility, and the arrangement facility" (Patwardhan, 2016). This inspection is also can be done by the health workers, the therapy staff, private agencies, those who will be working in a team with the social service group.
After completion of the inspection, the department of social service provides the services to their clients or the neediest once and the service can also be provided by the other sectors like the health care, private organizations, or the voluntary sectors. Managing the whole process there are some kinds of managing strategies needs to be gathered and in this research work it is going to discuss about the different strategies and format by which the whole plan is working on for those different kinds of diagram will also be provided to make a perfect assumption about all the process accordingly (Rostami et al. 2017). There are different teams for different management jobs and they are as follows-
- Social workers: The responsibility of the social worker is to inspect and verify about the needs of the people and then they make records about all the necessary details of each of the needy people and then they send all the details to the high authority and based on the decision of the high authority they provide the service to the needy people accordingly. Mainly the social worker is working as an employee of the "Vermont Social Service" group (pdfs.semanticscholar.org, 2015).
- Supervisor: This supervisor stands in the higher post of the social workers and they are responsible to take care of the social workers. The supervisor is basically the "senior social worker" who makes decisions about assigning the workers in suitable positions. Supervision is also responsible for providing the workers in different clients based on the needs and monitoring the workloads of the worker and managing the budget of their own is also the duty of the supervisor. Before hiring any worker the supervisor also makes a record and verifies each and every detail provided by the social workers and passes the data to the senior officials (researchgate.net, 2017).
- Administrator: The administrator plays an important role in the "Vermont Social Service" group. The job of the administrator is to manage all the data stored in the database. Data is something that needs to be secure for all organization and that is done by the administrator. Here also the administrator makes all the data secure with the different formats so that no one cannot be able to access the data. All the workers can see the data in the database but cannot be able to modify the data without the permission of the high authority and the administrator as well. This security is done by the password system (researchgate.net, 2018).
Use case 1: Social Worker
Description: "An employee of VERMONT who is a qualified social worker, who works directly with clients and carries out assessments of clients' needs".
Use case 2: Supervisor
Description: "A senior social worker who decides which social workers are assigned to which clients, monitors their workloads and manages departmental budgets" (researchgate.net, 2018).
Use case 3: Administrator
Description: "A clerical post within VERMONT who can input no sensitive information and produce reports for management".
Use case 4: Employee
Description: "Any of the members of staff employed by VERMONT".
Use case 5: Clients
Description: The will get the service from the social working groups according to the criteria and the requirements provided by the social working groups.
USE CASE SCENARIOS:
Case Scenario 1: "Record details of Social Services' clients and their carers"
Description: It needs to be recorded all the details of the clients who are going to get the social services and the details are like "record names, addresses and contact details for each client" and then need to record the details of the carers who are going to provide the service to the client and the record are like the "names and contact details of a client's" and it needs to record “all the details” of "any assessments that have been made of a client's needs and any plan" otherwise the social work will not be in a systematic way (learned.itu.dk, 2019).
Case Scenario 2:“Record details of social workers within the adult services department and their grades"
Description: It needs to record all the relevant information about the social workers who are in the department of adult service and it also needs to records about their grades like in which position they will be working as a social worker and it all done by the supervisor If this not happen the supervisor will not be in a situation to work with all the workers.
Case Scenario 3: "Accessing the information only by administrator"
Description: It needs to restrict access to any crucial data about the clients who need the social service, to those legitimate to access the data using a system that requires a password and to restrict the updating function of any client's information to the social workers and the supervisor as well.
Case Scenario 4: "Provide a basis for recording notes on assessments"
Description: Allowing social workers to make a record of the notes when”meetings with the clients” and also permitting the “social workers” to note down all the record related to the details of each and every client's assessments like "services required, number of hours, start date" etc (sei.cmu.edu, 2019).
In this below section it has been done about the different kinds of diagrams based on the "Use Case Scenarios". The diagrams are like "Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Diagrams, and Class Diagrams".
Figure 1: Registration and Inspection of the client to the director of social service
Figure 2: Record data and uploads to administer database
Figure 3: Complaint and solution
Figure 4: Clients’ record collection
Figure 5: Recording notes on assessment
Figure 6: Employee and record data of Social workers
Figure 7: Record and transfer data
Figure 8: Social worker employee record
Figure 9: Provide a basis for recording notes on assessments
Figure 10: Different teams of the group
In this above research report, it has been discussed about a social working group "Vermont Council Social Services" who are willingly providing social services to the necessary people.. The group basically helps the "Children, Families, and the adults who are disabled by some reason" and they cannot be able to make their lives by their own choice. It has been seen that management played a great role in their groups. All the process discussed is the "Registration and Inspection, Complaints and representations, Access to records" etc. There are two types of requirements also discussed like the "Functional requirement and the Non-functional requirements". “Based on the requirements” a use case and the use “case scenarios” have been elaborated and based on the case scenarios different types of diagrams have been designed in the above report of "Vermont Council Social Services". It can be concluded that every service needs some management strategies by which they can run their service properly and here all the details about managing any organization are discussed above.