ITECH2305 Contemporary Technique and Tools Used by Business Analyst Assessment 2 Answer
ITECH2305 – Analysing the Modern Business
Assignment 2 – Case Study
Topic: - Business Analysis
The below is the case study report of the Business Domain which is analyse by the Business Analyst with taking in consideration of the different tools and technology. The Business tools is used for analysis purpose according to the market demand. The Business Analyst play important role to deals with the various layers of any organisations. Business Analyst are classified in different categories Like Business Process Analyst, It Business Analyst. Various tools has been handle by Business Analyst are Totem Analyst, SmartDraw, Blueprint. It is also important to communicate with their stakeholder’s time to time to know about recent business approach. In the case study, we have taken the various approach and study the Current Australian news media includes reputable news sources published in English in Australia. The organisation Board of Directors should always call the meeting with stakeholder so the product delivery and price according to then customer review has been set up.
In the below case report, the full discussion about the variety of contemporary technique and tools used by business Analyst for business need. In this case report we will identify the chances for change the Information Technology in a company. Business Analyst have played vital role in recent business situations. Some people think that Business analyst only make money for organisation, but this is not fact, business analyst take action and decision which they leave impact on the financial value of the organisation. The data are taken from the Australian news media to check the opportunity. In this discussion about the current scenario and problem occurs in any organisations. There is proper identification of stakeholders for the change and making the RASCI stakeholder priority matrix. Making the list and consideration the definite relevant and also requirement for changes. The proper managing and organising the basic needs suing the proper tools. The design for the business analysis is totally based on the methodology implemented for make it betterment according to the market value.
Methodology used for the Business Analysis
The business is totally depending upon the environment and methodology in which the project is going to be developed. The need for the lifecycle can make it complex and it will involve the more of documentation, loss of essentials data and lot of changes on it. Keeping it all in mind the Business analyst knows and understands the paramount that how to manage the organisation throughout the entire requirement of lifecycle. The requirement of the lifecycle management takes parts in the below task which is explained in detail: -(Medium, 2019)
- Maintain Requirements: - This lifecycle confirms that design and requirements are more accurate and current subsequently the life cycle and facilitates the reuse where it is proper need.
- Trace Requirements: - This methodology maintains and analyses the relationships between the designs, requirements and solution components and some other work items for impact, coverage, allocation and analysis.
- Approve Requirement: - This methodology works with stakeholders which take part in the governance process to go for approval and bond on the designs and requirements.
- Prioritise Requirements: - This methodology involve the assesses the urgency, value and risks attached with some requirements and design which clear that analysis and other proper work for delivery is Ok on the top priority given to any given time.
The above explained Business Methodology, Business Analysis information has not only start with business analyst making query to person what they want, but it begins with the project from the moments it begins. In general, the traditional lifecycle environment, the need is created at the starting, validated and transmitted at the end and AGILE environment are represented by the functional deliverables that refined and make the proper review in the circular process.
Apart from above the Two main business analysis methodology are: -
- The change-Driven Approach: - The Change-Driven methodology are on some premises that are: -
- The requirements will change themselves. This will be refined and change as uncertainty reduces.
- The uncertainty losses as the project progress and details information’s of project becomes available.
- Based on the priority, changes to requirements can be forces.
The based example which used as change Driven approach as XP (extreme programming, Scrum, Kanban etc.
- The Plan-Driven Approach: - This type of methodology has many more characteristics which has Traditional and other is Process Engineering Approach. This type of Methodology has bid to expand the project details. The business analysis activities are pre-defined and sequential phases which will take chance of overlap of the project.
Requirements Analysis and Design Definition of Life cycle: -
It starts with representations of business requirements needs.
It will continue with the developments of solution.
It will stop when the solution and the business requirements that represent it is retire. The above the schematic Diagram represent the business analysis life cycle requirements. (Vancouver.iiba.org, 2019)
Business Domain Specification
In this case of connivance, the new customers towards business, a successful marketing campaign which will increase sales by 10% or 15% and only for limited time. While the increase in the sales has been depends on the benefit to the bottom line which is for long term financial results and marketing campaigns comes to stop at last moments. Regarding the second option, the new organisation has started to attract their customers. It is also difficult to find the right location for the establishment of the stores so that new customers reach at the stores frequently.
What role does Business Analyst?
The Initial goal of Business Analyst is to Communicate between all stakeholders and to analyze, elicit and validate the requirements for changes to business process polices and information's systems of any organizations. A professional Business Analyst play important role in making organization towards the productivity, profitability and efficiency.
Different Business Analyst Role
1. Business Process Analyst
2. It Business Analyst
3. System Analyst
4. Data Analyst
5. Functional Architect
6. Usability Analyst
Technology Requirements for Business Domain
Technology plays one of the important roles in the innovation that concept to form platform which determine in maintaining variety software developments which takes place.
There are some hardware commonalities requirements which monitor state of art of computer
Hardware’s are as: -
1. Virtual wind tunnel
2. Network server, Desktop, Laptop, Wireless route, Access Point, Printer etc.
1. Rapid Application Development: - This type of development is main view to give
2. Waterfall model: - It tells about the facts which going back to deals with not possible
3. Agile software development: - AGILE software development is used for articulating organised project management way that maintain the recurrent alterations.
4. RAD: - It is a software design method that counter the rigidity of other old software development
model where one can easily modify the after first phase. It is flexible to changes and take new
input such as function and features for every step development. It is platform for speed and
software quality that meeting the important timeline. (Guru99.com, 2019)
Tools for Business Analysis
Business Analyst who tackle with the requirements collecting, analysis, modelling and elicitation on a day-to-day basis. As we know that now a days, technology is ever things which will efficiently help in the elaboration of the business. There are many business tools available now a days whose use is taken by the business analyst during set up the new organisations. The good business analyst always used best tools for the analysis purpose. There are mainly three used in business analysis. The Types of Business tools are below: - (Whizlabs Blog, 2019)
- Collaboration tools
- Modelling tools
- Requirement- related tools.
- Collaboration tools: - This type of job is not a desktop job. The person needs to attach with various stakeholders and business to execute his duty. Not to tell, it is an important task indeed. It is important tools which acts the important role as not always all the stakeholders or SMEs are available for explaining the project which have to complete it on the given deadline.
- Modelling tools: - This type of tools is used for pictorial representation. It is more important to explain business domain pictorial representation rather than in words document. Business analyst used tools like Visio for UML to apply Business process modelling or use case modelling to represent the business diagrammatically.
- Requirement- related tools: - In the requirement-related business tools are used like MS word or MS Excel for management like tracking requirements and explaining those requirements. This type of tools are not always effective for business analysis, and software for requirement management helps to manage the full work through this type of tools. The reason behind the use the requirement -related tools for business analyst are
- To sync up with the development team
- To coordinate with QA team
- To remember the changing requirement.
- To manage one to many relationships
- To identify the good requirement for project which has been chosen for implementation.
Some of the Business tolls which is used by the Business analyst are as follows: -
- Google Docs
- Rational Requisite Pro
- Microsoft office
- Smart Draw
Recommendation for Business Methodology
After details deliberations of the case report on Business Domain, research on technology used, tools requirement etc, For Business to set new organisation recommended that industry must work with the latest software development methodology for their purpose. Before choosing the methodology, stakeholder must have to recognise their organisation size and choose proper methodology. As it is best recommendation to choose AGILE software development methodology. It delivers fast service to the clients. AGILE is completely different from waterfall model and many of the business manager select this approach for their industry. AGILE methodology works on Team members and focused to deliver the product on time to the clients. The Most used Business Analysis software development tool is AGILE methods are Scrum. It consists of empowering cross-functional team and least problem to solve the goals. (Cleverism, 2019)
As we have reached the conclusion, the full case study we analysed that for business Domain, there must be good communication between stakeholder and business owner. The technology and tools must be used appropriate. There should be well organised and make hierarchy in the organisation so that every holding post employee can understand their roles and responsibility and proceed for development of the organisation. Board of Directors should always call meeting with their employees and manager give proper instruction time to time to get update with new technology knowledge. In the above case study, we have given some recommendation for Business analysis and hey feature for making it success according to the market value.