HI5017 Managerial Accounting
Trimester 2 2018
Assessment Value: 30%
1. This assignment is to be submitted in accordance with assessment policy stated in the Unit Outline and Student Handbook.
2. It is the responsibility of the student who is submitting the work, to ensure that the work is in fact her/his own work. Incorporating another’s work or ideas into one’s own work without appropriate acknowledgement is an academic offence. Students should submit all assignments for plagiarism checking on Blackboard before final submission in the subject. For further details, please refer to the Unit Outline and Student Handbook.
3. Maximum marks available: 30 marks. Refer to marking rubric for marking criteria.
4. Assignment should be of 3,000 words. Please use “word count” and include in report. Presented in Calibri font size 12
5. Due date of submission: Week 10, Sunday at 12.59 p.m.
Format of the Report:
1. You should at least have the following details:
a. Assignment Cover page clearly stating your name and student number
b. A table of contents, executive summary
c. A brief introduction or overview of what the report is about.
d. Body of the report with sections to answer the sections required and with appropriate section headings
f. List of references.
2. Diagrams and tables clearly labelled and explained.
3. Ensure all materials are correctly referenced.
Instructions for Preparation of Assignment:
1. You are to choose one management accounting topic from the list below for this assignment, and register your chosen topic with your lecturer in class or via email before commencing the assignment.
2. Select one topic only:
- Activity-based costing (ABC)
- Standard Costing
3. Select two research-based journal articles relating to your selected topic in (1). The journal articles need to study a real-life organisation (in any country), and its use of the management accounting tool related to your topic. You are encouraged to choose the two journal articles from the following Accounting and Management Accounting Journals:
- Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal
- Journal of Management Accounting Research
- Journal of Applied Management Accounting Research You can access these journals in Proquest Database by clicking on the above Links. Log in details for Proquest are - username: Holmes2004; password: holmes. These journals can also be accessed via the Proquest Database link available via the Student Login page in the Holmes website.
You are required to prepare a report about your findings from the literature research, and discuss how it has helped your understanding of your chosen topic. The report should cover the following:
a. An explanation of the selected management accounting topic.
b. An explanation of the purpose of the two studies and what research question(s) they set out to explore about the topic.
c. A discussion about the similarities and differences in the findings of the two studies.
d. Provide four (4) specific outcomes or lessons learned from the two studies’ research findings that will be useful for management accountants in Australian companies to learn from, and justify your answer [i.e. provide 2 outcomes from each study].
To get answer of this question.
Chat with us.