MGT201 Comparing And Contrasting Culture Of Two Countries Assessment 3 Answer

pages Pages: 4word Words: 890

Question :

Assessment 3

Assessment Type: Group Report and Presentation.

Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to provide an opportunity to use your skills and knowledge to research cultural differences between the two selected countries and write a report to compare and contrast those countries. Research can include your reading list and the wider literature for information on cultural dimensions, leadership styles, communication, decision making, managing teams and value systems of these national backgrounds. This assessment relates to learning outcome a, b, c, d and e.

Value:Written Report 20%; Oral Presentation 10% - Total 30%

Topic: Comparing and contrasting the culture of two different countries.

Task details: Your task is based upon comparing and contrasting the culture of two different countries.

Possible countries to compare are:

Macau vs Qatar Brunei vs. The Bahamas

Italy vs Egypt Belgium vs Nigeria Russia vs Spain

The assessment requires:

  • Using your skills and knowledge to research cultural differences between countries
  • Assessing business challenges and problems in a global environment by applying relevant cross- cultural theories and frameworks
  • Explaining the role of culture in verbal and non-verbal cross-cultural communication
  • Discussing leadership and management issues in cross-cultural organisations

To answer the topic, students should refer to the reading list and the wider literature for information on topics such as cultural dimensions, leadership styles, communication, decision making, managing teams and value systems of these national backgrounds.

Structure: Provide an Executive Summary, a Table of Content and use sub-headings as required (e.g. Recommendation/Conclusion and Reference List). Please start each main section on a new page.

Referencing and Research Requirement: All sources must be referenced using Harvard Anglia referencing style. Evidence of academic research that supports your analysis is needed and must include at least 10 academic references from relevant academic and peer-reviewed journal articles, news articles and periodicals as well as from the Internet, Travel books, Government embassies, Chamber of Commerce.

The assessment must be Harvard (Anglia) referenced, typed Arial 12 font and 1.5 spaced. Referencing is only considered adequate when the sources that are used in the work are acknowledged both in-text and in the references list.

Oral Presentation Information: Explain in your presentation what may affect negotiations between business people from those nations. Investigate issues such as historic or recent socio-political events that can influence cross-cultural relationships. You may have to read widely on the countries that you discuss.

Choose which issues are relevant to your chosen pair of countries and what your presentation should focus on. It is recommended that you create scenarios and give examples for the influences that you discuss.

Prepare your presentation slides to be submitted before group presentation commence.

The specific dates and times of each group’s presentation will be allocated by your tutor.

Presentation 15 minutes oral presentation in class supported with appropriate visual aids. Presentations will be timed – groups going over 15 minutes will be asked to stop - this will effect marks, as well as presentations that are too short (under 8 minutes).

Show More

Answer :

For solution, connect with our online professionals.