MIS605 Systems Analysis and Design: Assessment 1 Answer
Systems Analysis and Design
This report is made for a system called the Online Student Enrolment system. This system is developed for the ABC university which is located in Sydney and with the help of this system, Students can easily enroll themselves into the eligible subject and can also pay their fees online through this system. This report will conduct much information about that system and further, we will draw the use case diagram for that particular system which will tell how the system will work.In the end, we will answer the many questions which are related to this system.
Answer to question no- 1:
- In this project, there are many stakeholders which are the following:
- System analyst = The system analyst does analyze the system and check that is there any error or not into the system.
- External service providers = The ESP means to collaboration with the bank.
- System manager = The system manager manages the system.
- ABC University = the system is made for this university.
These stakeholders are directly and indirectly affected by the project undertaken and the project would be customized as per the requirement.
- In this System, many actors are the following:
- Student = carries out the whole enrolment process
- Timetabling officers = Generate time table for students
- Student enrolment officers = Generate a report of all the students
- Payment officer = The payment officer verify the card details of students.
Answer to question no- 2:
Functional requirement: The functional requirement of a system can be defined as the functionality of a system where function can be defined as the specification of behavior between inputs and outputs.
There are many functional requirements of the online student enrolment system, which are the following.
- The system should be defined and proposes more than one schedule to the student which helps the student to choose their effective courses.
- The enrolment system has a facility for the admin to overwrite the data which can help control the system by the administrative.
- In this system, when the courses are displayed, then it should also display the ratio of occupied course over available courses.
- Staggered access of the student should be implemented where the criteria of student should be fixed. By this, the system can be preventing overload and crash.
- The Email facility should be done in the system so the email can be sent to the student whenever the course is added or removed.
- The search facility should be there so the student can easily search for a particular course and check their details.
- The timetable should be sent to the student by email when registration is over.
- The main functional requirement of the system is that this system should be integrated with the database of ABC university.
- The system should also provide the facility of the payment gateway so the student can easily pay their tuition fees.
- The system should ask the card details to proceed with the payment.
- This system should automatically generate the report whenever the waiting list becomes very long. This report should send to the registrar and so they can create a new section for the students.
Answer to question no- 3:
Non-functional requirements: the non-functional requirement can be defined as the performance of the system. the non-functional requirement can be of many types such as Availability, Data Integrity, Reliability, Scalability, and Recoverability. In other words, The NFR described how the system works. There are many non-functional requirements of online student enrolment system which are the following:
- The system should protect and maintain student records.
- The system should provide the authentication method for login to the system.
- This system should avoid that functionality where students can view the details of other students.
- The system should be available all the time without any unexpected downtime.
- The system should notify the student about the timetable scheduled.
- The system should be easy to use and also support different languages.
- The User interface of the system should also be user-friendly.
- The system should provide navigation on the top and provide the best UI.
- The system should be accessible for every type of student such as disabled students (blind, deaf) and this system should provide audio and video supports and many more facilities.
- This system shall implement the authentication and also be highly secure.
- The system should provide all the details which are related to the academic and also provide the events on the calendar format.
These system design program will be used to set up more effective program and helps in meeting the work requirement of the undertaken activities set up process.
Answer to question no- 4:
Use case diagram: A use case diagram can be defined as a software requirement for a new undeveloped software program. A use case is a set of action which defines the interaction between the system and actor to achieve some particular goal. In the simple term, the use case can be defined as what the system will do for its users.
In this report, the use case diagram of a system called online student enrolment system is going to draw. This system is made for ABC university so, their student can easily enroll themselves and can also pay their tuition fees through this system. This system is made because ABC university is not comfortable with their manual work for the student registration process. After all, this manual work gives many errors. With the help of this system, all the management regarding ABC university can easily manage.
The use case diagram of the online student enrolment system is given below.
Figure 1: Online student enrolment system
Figure 2: use case diagram
The use case diagram which is shown above has four actors such as student, Timetabling officers, payment officers, program director. The main actor of this scenery is a student which carries out the whole enrolment process while timetabling officers generate timetables for the student when all of the registration is over. The program director will generate the report of all of the student who has been enrolled in their university. At last, the payment officer checks the card details of the student and proceeds their transaction for paying the tuition fees.
In this step, the student will enter their details (Name, Address, class, course, date of birth, mobile number) to register yourself into the system. If student is already registered then, they can directly login to the system (Law, Geng, & Li, 2019).
In this step, student enter their ID and password which is provided at the time of registration. If student is not registered yourself to the system, then they cannot get access to act as the system. In any case, if the student forgets their password then they can get a new password in an email. This will set up as a credential software program (Aithal, & Kumar, 2016).
In this step, the student selects the courses according to their interest than this selection is verified according to availability. The student can select more than one course according to the availability and corresponding time of classes (Travers, 2016). The class has a limit of 50 students, the student needs to wait and select the next available class when the class limit is reached.
In this step, when a student enters all of their information then this system provide review system in which student can review their details and if they find any mistake and error then they can easily change before submitting the form.
This step is followed by the timetable officer who generate the timetable and provides to all the student who registered into the student. The timetable is generated after completion of the registration of students (Oulasvirta, 2017). The timetabling officers can add, update and remove timetable according to the requirement and update the work program in effective manner.
In this step, the project director generates a report which contains all the information about the student who registers into the university (Lewis, 2016).
This step is followed by the payment officer who generates the fee summary of all of the students.
In this step, the student selects their card type and enters details of cards and after this, the bank verifies its details and then proceeds further for the transaction. After the transaction, a digital receipt is sent to the student in an email. The students can also print this digital receipt for future use. The payment system would be set according to the requirement of the case design of the work program (Schneider, Weinmann, & Vom Brocke, 2018).
In this step, the student can view all of the information such as academic, library, location, course information, timetable, commencement. This system will also notify the student with upcoming changes, notices, and events via emails (Greenberg, Godin, & Whittington, 2019). This will set up upcoming changes and also strengthen the overall outcomes of the set program. Therefore, it could be used to set up the view details and aligning the work program in the effective manner.
Answer to question no- 5:
With the help of the above use case diagram, we can define the Use case description which is the following (Kantorowitz, 2017).
First use case:
- Use case name: Student online enrolment system
- Id: UC1
- Priority: Medium
- Actors: Student, payment officers, timetabling officers, project director
- Description: This system is used for the student so they can easily register yourself for a particular course.
- Triggers: choose the course.
- Precondition: Register first
- Normal course: the student first register yourself then select course and then register.
- Alternative courses: the student take classes without registration to the system.
- Postcondition: Logout
- Exception: Network problem
Second use case:
- Use case name: Selecting course and timetable
- Id: UC2
- Priority: Medium
- Actors: Student, payment officers, timetabling officers, project director
- Description: the student can select more than one course and get the corresponding timetable.
- Triggers: get the course name.
- Precondition: the student should select respective and most major terms.
- Normal course: the student selects courses according to their requirement.
- Alternative courses: the students can get another password when they forget their password (Liebenberg, et al. 2017).
- Developing unique ID- developing the system process with the strong credentials ffor the process
- Postcondition: pay their tuition fees.
- Exception: System out of service.
After assessing all the details, it could be inferred that user case diagram is used to strengthen the process system. The functional requirement of functionality of a system where function can be used as specification of behaviour between inputs and outputs. However, it could be inferred that functional requirement of the system should be integrated with the database of ABC University for the better connectivity and system design methods. Nonetheless, it is inferred that user case is used to set up of action which defines the interaction between the system and actor to achieve some particular goal.