MKT203 Services Marketing: Service Mapping Blueprint Assessment Answer
1. Service offering diagram of virgin airlines:
2. Service process map of Virgin Airline:
Service offering diagram:
Service offering diagram depicts different services that the airline provides for its customers (Prendeville & Bocken, 2017). This diagram also highlights the processes by which services are provided to the customers (Hans, Mehta & Soni, 2016). In this study, the service offering diagram of the Virgin Airline has been depicted which includes different processes of booking and services that the customers can avail. The services are defined according to the requirements of the customers. The three segments of services are as following:
- Supplementary: These are the services which are physical and can be realized by the customers (Leon & Uddin, 2017).
- Augmented: These are the services whose values are considered as add-ons and are of aesthetics in nature (Brochado et al., 2019).
- Core: These are the services which the customers can touch and feel and can be compared with services of other airlines.
In the business of the airlines, these services are extremely vital and with these, the airlines can be ensured that the different processes of services for the customers are well defined and compatible for the customers.
Service process map:
A service map is the workflow diagram of the organization and depicts the sequences by which the services are provided to the customers (Damelio, 2016). In this study, the service process map of the Virgin Airlines has been provided which shows the sequence of each of the services and the result of those services for the customers. This involves right from the arrival at the airport to departure from the airport after flying. The process of contacts and support has also been highlighted in the map which helps the organization to find any faults in the sequences of the services that are offered to the customers. This provides a scope of improvement for the airline along with identifying the internal environment which helps the organizations to meet with the expectations of the customers in a successful way.