NRSG372 Written Assignment
1500 words +/- 10%
Appendix A of the NRSG372 unit outline
|LO1 demonstrate advanced understanding of developmental, lifespan, social, spiritual and cultural factors that impact on the quality of life of people experiencing chronic illness and/or disability and their families; (GA1, GA4, GA5)|
LO2critically apply the Roper-Logan-Tierney Model of Nursing across the lifespan, to the principles of caring for people experiencing chronic illness and/or disability and their families; (GA1, GA, GA5, GA9)
LO3use advanced pathophysiological knowledge to implement the Levett-Jones’ Clinical Reasoning Cycle across a range of settings, to plan safe, evidence-based, culturally sensitive, person-centred care; (GA3, GA4, GA5, GA8, GA9)
LO6reflect on the lived experiences of the person with chronic illness and/or disability, their family and community. (GA1, GA2)
- Written assignment is to be submitted to the “Assessment One (campus) Written Assignment” LEO dropbox on your campus tile. Please ensure you submit to the dropbox assigned to your stream.
- Consent Form is to be submitted to the “Assessment One (campus)” Consent Form” LEO dropbox on your campus tile. Please ensure you submit to the dropbox assigned to your stream.
|1.5 spacing; 11-point Arial or Calibri font|
No bullet points, numbering, tables, or diagrams are to be used.
Headings are required - Please use the headings in the template below. Please include the word count of your assignment in the header.
|Referencing||APA 6th Edition as per the ACU study guide|
References must meet the academic standards of recency, relevance and reliability. 15 high quality resources are to be used (minimum) with no resources over 5 years old
You are required to conduct a 30 minute phone or video call interview with a person in your community who has experience with having a chronic illness or disability to discover the impact this has had on their life and the life of their family, and to identify care priorities/areas of need. Present your paper based on the Roper, Logan & Tierney (2008) model for nursing as a framework and use the first 5 stages of Levett-Jones (2018) Clinical Reasoning Cycle to identify care priorities. It is expected that appropriate evidence-based literature will be used to support the essay. You will need to gain written consent from your interviewee PRIOR to conducting your interview and upload this evidence to LEO
and inform your interviewee they may be called at random by the LIC to confirm consent.
Instructions for students
- You will need to prepare for your interview. McGrath, Palmgren & Liljedahl (2019) suggest twelve steps for conducting research interviews, and this article is linked on the NRSG372 reading list for Module one.
- There must be evidence that you have interviewed (via phone or video call) a real person in your community.
- If there is evidence that students have not conducted an interview an NN grade for the assessment will be awarded.
- This is an academic essay and as such, 3rd person writing is required. The student nurse may use the abbreviation SN when referring to themselves, if needed.
- Academic references must be used to support the discussion. Avoid using consumer resources. The use of consumer resources significantly impacts on the quality of support for the discussion, and significantly reduces the ability to score marks for content sections requiring literature support.
- A.P.A. 6th ed. styling for all in-text references and reference list. Library resources on referencing are available here: https://www.studentportal.acu.edu.au/acuinfo/services-and- support/academic-skills-unit/academic-referencing-skills
Student and interviewee safety
- Confidentiality must be maintained. You must de-identify your interviewee in your paper, by use of a pseudonym, and state this in your paper.
- This assessment does not encourage you to diagnose conditions or suggest treatments for your interviewee
- Students are not to approach strangers for interviews, or to put themselves into situations of risk.
- Please be aware of the impact of conducting an interview on your interviewee. Should your interviewee become upset, please finish the interview at that point, and contact the LIC for further advice.
Please use the following headings for your assessment:
- Provide a concise overview of your paper. Outline the topic, scope, content and sequence of your paper
Background (CRC 1 & 2)
- Introduce the reader to your interviewee using a pseudonym
- Provide an overview about your interviewee’s health status and personal background
- Link this information to pathophysiology/pharmacology/culture etc and use literature to support your information
Discussion (CRC 3)
- Discuss your interviewees condition/disability and the impact this has had on their life and family. Use literature to support your information
- Relate this information to RLT model of nursing
Care priorities and goal setting (CRC 4 & 5)
- Clearly identify two nursing care priorities/health education areas of need that you have developed with your interviewee
- Discuss goals of care that you have developed with your interviewee using the NSQHS Partnering with Consumers Standard
- Provide a concise summation of the key points of your paper
- Your reference list is not included in the word count.