The following points must be addressed in your work:
- Summarise your chosen interventions and how they addressed your patient’s identified problems.
Note: Intravenous fluids, medications and oxygen are considered prescribed (collaborative) interventions.
- You must discuss at least ONE (1) nurse-initiated intervention per problem in your essay.
- Collaborative interventions must include a discussion of the relevant nursing responsibilities associated with each intervention.
- Assessment and/or monitoring are not valid interventions.
- Your essay must contain current and relevant references (from within the past 7 years as per APA referencing requirements). You may reference textbooks, but at least half of your references must cite current evidence using relevant peer reviewed journal articles.
|Length:||1,800 Words +/- 10% (including in text references and excluding reference list). Words in excess of this will not be marked.|
|Estimated time to complete task:||Approximately 30–35 hours|
|How will I be assessed:||7-point grading scale using a rubric|
|Presentation requirements:||Instructions for the assessment task:|
You MUST include the page number or page range that indicates where you located the evidence or synthesised the evidence to support your key point in the citation. Failure to do this will result in a reduced grade in the rubric. Note: markers will be checking references to see that you have accurately represented the source.
- Submitted in electronic format as a Word document only via Turnitin
- Headings, bullet points, tables and appendices are not to be used in this assessment
- Use QUT APA Referencing
|What you need to submit:|
- You must submit ONE (1) Word document consisting of a coversheet, your essay and reference list. Essays submitted in any other format will not be marked.
- For students submitting work that has been granted an extension, you must include a copy of your approved extension at the start of your submission as part of the Word document.