NUR1202 Professional Identity Semester 2, 2019 Assessment 2 Guidelines
- Use Times New Roman Font size 12, double line spacing.
- The essay word count is 1500 words (+/- 10%).
- Reference using APA Referencing Style for ALL IDEAS AND CONCEPTS you have
used. Avoid using direct quotes where possible, but if you do use them they must be cited as such and be compliant with the requirements of APA style.http://www.usq.edu.au/library/referencing/apa-referencing-guide
- In-text citations are included in your word count. Your reference list is not included in your word count.
- Use the Marking Criteria to guide what you include in your assessment.
- Use a minimum of 7 scholarly references including the Code of Conduct for Nurses
(2018) and the Registered Nurse Standards for Practice (2018) from the NMBA.
- Include a thesis statement in your Introduction.
- Submit the assignment electronically via the Assessment Submission link on Study Desk.
- Only submit ONE document, an essay that includes your written responses to each
section. Do not use headings. Do not include the Marking Criteria Rubric as part of your submission.
|Assessment 2 Description|| Marks out of|| Wtg (%)||Due Date|
|Identify components of the therapeutic relationship, evidence-based care, the NMBA Code of Conduct for Nurses (2018), and the Registered Nurse Standards for Practice (2016) in relation to the following case study. Describe their importance.||50||35|
NUR1202 Professional Identity Semester 2, 2019Assessment 2 Task
Consider the following case study based on a case from the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia website (NMBA, 2018).
Mary is a Registered Nurse who works in residential aged care.
Mary’s colleagues have noticed that at the end of several shifts the residents in Mary’s carehave appeared uncared for, that wet bed sheets have not been changed and that urine bottles have not been emptied. They have also noticed that Mary has been spending a lot of time atthe nurses’ station, while the residents allocated to her care have been unattended.
Mary’s colleagues have raised the issues they have noticed with their manager.
Assessment 2 Task: Essay
Using the above case study as context and using relevant scholarly references to support your discussion, write a 1500 (+/- 10%) essay. Do not use headings. Structure your essay as follows:
Introduction: (150 words) Include a thesis statementSection A: (600 words)
Discuss Mary’s practice in this case study:
- Is Mary meeting the NMBA standards in applying person-centred and evidence-based care for the delivery of safe and quality care?
- Does the evidence in the case study lead you to believe that Mary has formed a therapeutic, person-centred relationships with her clients?
- How could she do so, and what would be the benefits of Mary doing so?Section B: (600 words)
Is it reasonable for Mary’s peers to report her conduct to their manager?
Discuss how the NMBA Code of Conduct for Nurses (2018) and the Registered Nurse Standards for Practice (2016) guide Mary’s nursing peers and supervisor in managing thissituation?
Conclusion: (150 words)