NUR243 Nursing Care Practice in Urinary Catheterization Assessment one Answer
NURSING ASSIGNMENT: URINARY CATHETERIZATION
With the ramified changed in economic, there has been several patent care practices have been developed. Nursing the noble profession comes with lots of rules to improve the caring service provided to the patients. The concerned practices are essential because they can easily promote and improve clinical practices to cure the patients. However, in this paper, focus has been made on the nursing care practice. Nonetheless, treatment procedure of catheterization of the urinary bladder could be improved through many new practices to ensure the cure of the patient. In this study, discussion related to the implication and utilization of Antiseptics to reduce the adverse effect of the catheters has been taken into consideration.
"Urinary Catheterization" is the process of draining the urinary bladder of a person to reduce the leaking urinates. The patients suffering from this kind of situation needs proper healthcare, which can be improved by the effective nursing technique. This Urinary Catheterization care is necessary to control the latex, polyurethane, or silicone tube which is also known as urinary catheter which is inserted into the Bladder (Patient’s bladder) through the urethra. The proper standardization for the nurses in controlling the Urinary Catheterization will also be followed to cater the patient’s situation in this. This Urinary Catheterization ensure the new supplies of catheters to balance the health condition of the patient (Elpern et al. 2016). It allows patient’s urine to drain or eject free from bladder for the given collection. The implementation of the Urinary Catheterization of nursing focuses on the enforcing quality service to cure the patient, and in case of urinary catheterization, the nurses need to change catheters at the correct interval of time to cure the patient for their better care. With the ramified changes in the environment and increasing issue of the urinary in the patients usage of "short term catheters (Intermittent catheters)" helping many patients to recover from the problematic situation. Nonetheless, removal of the Catheter to safeguard the patient from any infection and to ensure the process of preserving the patient from any disease is one of the best method to lower down this issue and improve the patient’s condition in this situation.
"Urinary Catheterization" practices:
- Usage of Foley Catheter is helpful draining the urinary bladder with the right amount of help of the nurses to change the catheters in every 30 days.
- The indwelling catheters are the innovative way residing the urinary bladder of the patient. This technique has been increasing, helping the patient to survive this kind of situation. (onlinelibrary.wiley.com, 2019). This also works as supporting program to strengthen the work process and outcomes.
- Measurement of urine input to calculate further treatment could quickly support the doctors to cure the patient for a more extended period of time.
- Delivering medicine directly into the bladder with the injection can help the patient in severe conditions to go through this kind of situation.
- Focuses on the treatment procedure of catheterization of the urinary bladder could be improved through many new practices to ensure the cure of the patient
- Ensuring the signs and symptoms by the nurses could efficiently helping the current treatment procedure of the patient
- Using the urine bags is coming with lots of benefits for the suffering patient to manage this kind of problematic situation.
- These days "External catheters (Condom Catheters)" are one source of catheters used by medical care system to manage the condition of the patient.
- In recent times the usage of "short term catheters (Intermittent catheters)" helping many patients to recover from the problematic situation.
Figure 1: Different Catheters
(Source: Self- Created)
Every treatment needs the advancement to uplift the prevention of the disease.
- Urinary catheterization technique could be improved by releasing the catheter clamp after 20 twenty minutes to accept more urine to testify to the patient.
- There need to be better patient care program and use of advance technologies for the better patient care.
- "Adherence to sterile continuously" can quickly reduce the risk of adhering Catheter, and it could soon help the nurses and doctors to cure the patient more efficiently.
- I am changing the catheter tube after a certain period of time to reduce clinical infection or contamination.
- Filtration process and hygiene need to be taken to the further level.
- Infection surveillance by the nurses can ensure the reduction of risk of "urinary tract infection". (medicalnewstoday.com, 2019),
The treatment procedure of catheterization of the urinary bladder could be improved through many new practices to ensure the cure of the patient.
According to Mullin et al. 2017, the treatment of the urinary bladder could be improved with the intensive care of the nurses by focusing on the "Stewardship of Culturing" (White, Dudley-Brown & Terhaar, 2016). This will be support the urinary bladder to work more effective. The author helps to explain the proper method which can be applied to reduce the Catheter-associated "Urinary Tract Infections". This procedure includes the "pediatric, medical, surgical and infection prevention" by implementing the catheter insertion and maintenance. This study also overs the new practices which can easily maintain the closed drainage system of the urinary bladder, and it also includes practical nursing to handle the Catheter for the treatment. The methods for improving the guidelines to increase the credibility of treatment the advance electronic document could be beneficial. The nurses could introduce the preservative tubes in a maintained way to remove the catheter tube in prior time to relax the bladder of the patient (Fasugba et al. 2017) The specimen collection could be instrumental in testing all the specimens of the patient to review the treatment for further analyzing. The study also helps entail the periodic maintenance of the catheters to reduce any risk. Sometimes the nurse needs to remove the tube in just 20 minutes of use and during handling some necessary catheter, it needs to be used for 20 or 30 days.
According to Elpern et al. 2016, the use of "Indwelling Urinary catheter" for curing the Urinary patient could create problems; the study helps to entail the disadvantages of Indwelling Catheter because it comes with many complications like an infection in the urinary bladder. This Catheter comes with a long term process of using it so it can easily create problems like sepsis. This study helps to provide the information about the implementation of the indwelling Catheter and its adverse effect, which can easily get the patient for a longer time in the hospital (Lauck et al. 2018). This above study also helps ensure the prevention of the usage of Indwelling Catheter to reduce its major impact on the patient. The patient suffering from the urinary bladder and treated with over six month’s usage of Indwelling Catheter and contaminated with many problems; the medical team needs to remove the usage of the concerned Catheter to improve the situation of the patient. The research work depicts the "Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services" uses the "CAUTI (Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections)" as the clinical indicator to indicate the adverse effect of the urinary infection. The quality of care to reduce the infection is due to the excessive use of the Indwelling Catheter. This way, the health care department can evaluate the problems related to the patient to save the [atinet from any infections concerned with Indwelling Catheters. The study also covers the recommendation measure related to the infection and Urinary Catheter could be helpful in curing the patient by using it in the needed time and by the client removal time of the Urinary Catheter. The appointments could be treated with the Catheter only as a substitute to run the treatment for safeguarding the patient. The intervention technique could be enlisted as the recommendation factor for reducing the "Catheter associated urinary tract infection". The strategies implemented to reduce the adverse effect of the catheters could introduce the proper removal of the Catheter to cure the patient. [Referred to Appendix 1]
The study of Fasugba et al. 2017 entails about the usage of antiseptics to prevent the "catheter-associated urinary tract infection". The study covers explain the right way of the utilization of Antiseptics to reduce the adverse effect of the catheters. The antiseptics could be applied to the mental areas before the Catheter use (Mullin et al. 2017). This medicine also could be applied after the removal of the Catheter to safeguard the patient from any infection and to ensure the process of preserving the patient from any disease; the electronic database could be used to search the randomized controlled trials. In this way, these trails could easily depict the interventions which could be applied in the curing process to remove any infection from the patient. The author also entails about the effectiveness of Antiseptics in curing patient. This effectiveness of the antiseptics could be analyzed through Meta-analysis. This allows the effective analysis for the treatment procedure of catheterization of the urinary bladder. This is required to be improved through many new practices to ensure the cure of the patient and delivering better patient care services.