Assessment 2: Assignment Task overview
|Course||NUR3101 Primary Health Care in a Global Context|
|Assessment name||Written Assignment|
|Brief task description||This assignment requires you to write an ESSAY analysing the Sustainable Development Goal 3 within a selected country and discuss the role of primary health care in achieving these goals.|
|Length||1500 words +/-10% (word length includes in-text referencing and excludes the reference list)|
|Marks out of: Weighting:||100 marks|
Weighting: 50% (of overall grade)
|Rationale / Graduate Attributes||This assessment enables students to work towards developing the following graduate attributes:|
- Well-informed individuals with discipline-specific expertise and industry knowledge relevant to their profession or area of study
- Critical, creative, thinkers who can integrate and apply knowledge and relevant skills, including research and digital literacy skills, to analyse and evaluate ideas, concepts, theories and problems, and offer insights, innovative approaches and solutions;
- Effective communicators and collaborators who actively and respectfully lead, listen, reflect, discuss and negotiate in order to work productively with a range of individuals and groups, including professional teams;
- Ethical, engaged professionals and citizens who engage in, non-discriminatory, safe practices and consider the local, global, social, economic, legal and environmental influences on, and impact of, their attitudes and actions;
- Culturally capable individuals who are self-aware and sensitive to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledges and perspectives, equitable and respectful of diversity and multiculturalism, and can apply these capabilities in their professional practice.
|Sustainable Development Goal 3, regarding ‘Good Health and Well-being’, is one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals established by the United Nations in 2015. Ensuring healthy lives and promoting well-being at all ages is essential to sustainable development.|
In this assignment you will discuss the Sustainable Development Goal number 3: Good Health and Wellbeing from a global perspective.
Please select a country (not Australia) and address the following points
- Provide an overview of the selected country and discuss the relevant social determinants of health which impact on the people living within this country
- Provide relevant epidemiological data in relation to the countries health concerns.
- Discuss the Sustainable Development Goal 3 in relation to health issues experienced in the selected country
- Critically analyse the appropriateness of the primary healthcare services provided in achieving the availability, accessibility, acceptability, affordability and cultural appropriateness of the services provided in the selected country.
- APA 7th referencing style.
- Sources: A minimum of three scholarly journal articles (no older than 6 years) are required along with other relevant references, for example, WHO, policy documents etc. Eight references in total are required.
- In text citations: In-text citations are required in the body of the assignment.
|Assignments should be presented using:|
- Double-line spacing
- APA 7
- Times New Roman, Arial or Verdana 12 point font