OB and Teamwork Assignment Help
We live in an institution where we exhibit different behaviour with different people in the circle. Organizational behaviour is a different ball game. In the context of the organization, the stakeholders involved are the individuals, groups, and structure. The organization behaviour presumes the tentative behaviour of the employees at the workplace. It is a matter of the fact that no two people exhibit the same behaviour.
Working in teams and contributing as an employee is a vital part of the organization. When it comes to working in an organization, the personal interests and views should be kept aside for what is the best for the business.
Failing to do so may disrupt the work environment. Working in the team and achieving the goals contribute to the success story of the business. An organization is characterised as innovative owing to the emphasis on the team work and promoting the culture of cross-functional learning. For successful compliance with the needs of the customer, the efforts are channelised in supporting the creation of organizational structure and working in the team to resolve the problem or the request in hand.
The organizational behaviour is the study of what the people do in the business and study its direct impact on the performance of the organization. We will now see the behaviour which has to do with the effect on work.
- It is stated that the happy workers are more effective and efficient at work.
- The working abilities and the productivity of the business increase when there is a least barrier in the communication between the manager and employee. The more the amiable environment at work the better results we can expect at work.
- The process of recruitment and in particular the interview is a tool to choose a better performer than an average and a low performer.
- In general, everyone wishes to have a challenging job at work. This avoids the issue of saturation at work.
- People who seem to be desperate about the source of earning and is dependent at the workplace tend to exhibit more sincerity at work, and it is comparatively easy to get work done from them.
- Money is mostly the factor in motivation at work.
- In continuation, the people are much concerned about their salary as compared to others at the workplace.
- The most productive and effective team at work is away from mutual conflicts and tend to perform better.
If we were to trace the organization behaviour, the unit of analysis would be individual, group and the organization system. The behavioural science involved is psychology, social psychology, sociology, anthropology. Some of the psychological factors are learning, motivation, emotions, perceptions, training, work/job satisfaction.
The psychology influences the individual in the organizational behaviour. The social psychology factors include behavioural change, communication, group decision making etc. The social psychology influences the group behaviour. The next behavioural science is the sociology. It includes factors such as communication, power, conflict and intergroup behaviour. It again influences the group behaviour. Sociology which affects the organization system has factors such as the concepts of organization, the technology, change and the culture of the organization.
Anthropology is the last behavioural science; the group is affected by comparative values, attitudes and analysis. The organization system it anthropology is affected by the organization culture, environment and the power.
- The psychology is indicative of calibration, measurement, explanation of the behaviour and is involved in changing the behaviour of both humans and the animals.
- The social psychology is an extended branch of psychology. The social psychology has a broad area of the study area which takes into account the interactions with the society from the origin of the individuals and their consequence on the stakeholders in the society.
- Sociology is developing a comprehensive understanding the progress, the functioning and the system of the society of the humans.
- Anthropology refers to the study of the cultures, the society and their gradual development in the society of human beings.
Challenges that lie ahead of the Organization Behaviour
Adjusting to the fast pace global scenario for business
The business today has marked its presence in the international boundaries.There is multiple personnel in the business which is foreign nationals in the hierarchy.
It becomes necessary to understand the culture and adapt to mutual cultures for bridging the gap and do justice to the job roles and responsibilities.
Adjusting the manpower and workforce diversity
The challenge that lies ahead of the business is reducing the heterogeneity at work and encourage cultural diversity. The modern style of management demands a manager to shift the style from equal treatment to the understanding and to appreciate the differences in their culture to ensure employee productivity.
Total quality management and enhancing productivity. The focus of the business has shifted from not merely managing operations but managing the benchmark and achieving excellence. Changing culture requires restructuring and re-engineering of the hierarchy. This is developing the hierarchy if it were built new.
Focus on the skill development and developing competency. This has largely been a success factor in the employee productivity. Empowerment of the employee could be as simple as putting them in charge of the what they feel is the employee forte.
Adapting to the flexibility and developing agility. The business is influenced by external factors and is highly dynamic. The employees possessing different culture must be trained to deal with what seems to be the temporary changes in the business environment.
Promote innovation and implement change. It is a challenge amidst the existing business operations to encourage innovation and diversity in the business and product operations followed by a change.
Teamwork is the key to the success of workplace. It involves the number of activities to collectively determine the action of working in the team. This include
- Working in coordination
- Actively participating in the new projects and ideas
- Taking ownership and taking the responsibility
- Respect the opinions, ideas and suggestions put forth by the teammates
- Marking presence in the team projects and efforts channelizing in promoting team building activity
Remember the twigs don’t break in the bundle but one or two. The team working together works for the benefit of everyone. This is a better way towards goal achievement. Also, a noticeable fact that there is no “I” in the team. The manager has to understand the importance of team and must plan the activities around to foster the team spirit.
Importance of teamwork in the organization
- The teamwork develops the habit of problem-solving, and this makes it easier at work to solve business problems and resolve the issues.
- Teamwork fosters the communication and helps in promoting the culture of cultural communication. This reduces the gap between the hierarchy and promoted management by objectives.
- Bringing cohesion at work: the team working in coordination must bring in cohesion to channelise the efforts in meeting timely organization goals.
The learning is complemented working in the team. It is the best audience in developing the team competency and entertaining feedback.