COURSE: Bachelor of IT/Bachelor of Business
Unit Code: OODP101
Unit Title: Object Oriented Design and Programming
Type of Assessment: Assessment 4 - Individual Programming Solution to a Problem
Unit Learning Outcomes addressed: 1. Demonstrate basic knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and programming problems 2. Analyse and dissect simple design and programming problem 3. Implement a well-designed modularized solution to small programming problems 4. Develop and/or implement testing schedules
Submission Date: Week 11
Assessment Task: Individual Programming Solution to a Problem
Total Mark: 30 Marks
Weighting: 30% of the unit total marks
You are working for budget airlines as a junior programmer, you and your team has given a task to develop and test a program for the company so their customers to choose as per their requirements and can check availability or can add service.
Analyse and create simple design
For the below create a generic output display as:
International destination:country name, City as per the county Car hire
Domestic destination: City name, Car hire
Also, as per destination selection information shall output as: ·
If selected International destination, then name of the Country and City of destination ·
If Selected Domestic destination, then name of the City and Car hire
Implement a well-designed modularized solution to the programme
- Create a class named International Destination to be the superclass of all the destinations. It should have suitable constructors to aid with polymorphic behaviour, and contain suitable attributes to store the information that is common to all destination names and appropriate accessors. For all destinations, the toString method should return only the country name and city of destination
- Create a class called Domestic Destination. It should be a subclass of the class internation destination. Ensure that it contains appropriate attributes to store additional information specific to domestic destination. Ensure that there is a suitable constructor, mutators to set all values appropriately, and that there are appropriate accessors to obtain all information relevant to domestic destination. Override toString() method so that it return all the domestic destination information
- . Create a class called Car Hire and shall only represent when customer selected Domestic destination. It should be a subclass of Car hire. Ensure that it contains appropriate attributes to store additional information specific to Car hire. Ensure that there is a suitable constructor, mutators to set all values appropriately, and that there are appropriate accessors to obtain all information relevant to packaged items. Override toString() method so that it return all relevant information related to the Packaged items.
- Create a driver class which will have main method and following functionalities. · Use Destination as a parent/super class · Use International destination and Domestic destination as two child/sub classes for Destination super. · International Destination would have attributes as country name and city names (2) · Domestic Destination would have the name of the city and car hire details as attributes. · Use constructors and toString methods for declaring and displaying the objects (5 each) · A driver/main class would display destinations using a recurring menu, and calculate and display the total amount due as per the user choice of destination.
- Create a class diagram for above mentioned classes. Show all attributes, methods and proper relationships between classes.
Develop and implement testing
Case id’s: Case name: Case data: Expected outcome: Actual outcome: