|ASSESSMENT 3 – Business Report|
|Subject Code and Title||PDR201 Product Distribution and Revenue Management|
|Length||1,600 words (+/- 10%)|
- Analyse how technological applications are integrated to optimize revenue performance within the hospitality and tourism industries
- Compare the various models, pricing and rate management strategies used by operators to maximise revenue
- Formulate and communicate distribution and pricing strategies for maximum impact across the organisation.
- Assess the influence of emerging distribution channels on hospitality and tourism organisations.
It is becoming increasingly important to be able to understand distribution complexities and appropriate revenue management techniques within tourism and hospitality industries. To remain competitive, industry professionals must embrace best practice initiatives to better predict consumer behavior and optimize revenue.
This assessment is aimed at consolidating knowledge from all modules. It supports students in developing their skills in research and knowledge of distribution systems and revenue management in tourism and hospitality industries.
Students are required to produce a report in which they analyse the strategies used by a hospitality or tourism organisation to manage & maximise revenue generation, as well as the distribution channels used to deliver the products to their customer base.
Students are required to select one (1) of the following organisations:
- Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (focusing purely on the parks, resorts & attraction elements of the organisation)
- Qantas Airways Limited
- Royal Caribbean International
- Flight Centre Travel Group
Within the report, students should address the following:
- Provide a brief overview of the organisation’s current operations, product offering and main competitors.
- Discuss the existing pricing strategies employed by the organisation, explaining how these are used to create competitive advantage.
- Propose at least two (2) pricing strategies that the organisation could implement in the future. Justify the ability of these strategies to maximize the organisation’s revenue generating capabilities.
- Outline the current channels used by the organisation to distribute their products to consumers.
- Discuss at least two (2) emerging distribution trends and the impact that these are/may have on the organisation’s product distribution strategies.
Submit the Business Report via the Assessment link in the main navigation menu in PDR201 Product Distribution and Revenue Management on the learning portal. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via Grade Centre in the learning portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
This assessment must be submitted in compliance with the following;
- You should make significant references to the subject material and substantial wider reading. A minimum four (4) academic (books & peer-reviewed journal articles) & four (4) other sources (newspaper article, trade publications, websites, etc.) must be used. These should be referenced in the APA style, both in-text and in a reference list. References to ‘Wikipedia’ or similar unsubstantiated sources will not be accepted.
- Extensions cannot be granted by the lecturer after the submission date. In the event of serious illness or unusual circumstances, a student may apply for Special Consideration in accordance with the rules and regulations governing this application, but it is important that such requests be made as soon as the circumstance is known.