|ASSESSMENT 3 BRIEF|
|Subject Code and Title||PRO100 Information Systems Project Management|
|Learning Outcomesa||The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the task below include:|
- Apply Project Management concepts to contemporary industry settings
- Effectively communicate solutions to unfamiliar problems in a teamsetting
In this assessment, you will develop and deliver a presentation on how you will plan and manage an IS project using Agile Management.
Agile software development is both an incremental and iterative software development methodology. A working understanding of Agile methodology is critical to IS project management. This assessment requires you to present your understanding of an aspect of Agile methodology and apply it to a real- life IS project.
- Read the XYZ University case study (PRO100_Assessment 3_Case Study_SUPP).
- Choose a suitable implementation of Agile (e.g. DSDM, Kanban, Scrum, etc) to manage the project for XYZ University.
- Create a project plan using a suitable project management software tool to manage this project.
- Prepare and deliver a 7-minute PowerPoint presentation covering the following:
- Provide a detailed description of the chosen implementation of Agile.
- Explain how the XYZ University project is managed using this implementation of Agile.
- Provide a high-level overview of the timeline, milestones, resource allocations and budget allocations for this project including the Gantt Chart and WBS
Length and layout of the presentation
- The total presentation should be no more than 7 minutes.
- There is no recommended number of slides. A suggested structure for the slides is outlined below:
- Title (should include title of the presentation, Student Name and Student ID).
- Agenda (outline of the presentation).
- Introduction (should include background of the project and chosen Agile implementation).
- Body (refer Point 4 under ‘Instructions’).
- Conclusion (summary of key elements from the body of the presentation).
- Questions and Answers.