Task 2– CAD DrawingsInstructions to Learners:
This summative assessment can be completed in class or at any other convenient location.
- Students are required to complete this task using digital tools and ensure to submit in an acceptable format, e.g. .docx, .pdf, .pptx, or as advised by your assessor.
- Please use the following formatting guidelines to complete this assessment task:
- Font Size: 12; Line Spacing: Double; Font Style: Times New Roman
- Assessment activities can be completed either in real workplace environment or in a simulated environment such as your classroom. In both cases, appropriate evidence of the assessment activities must be provided.
Instruction to Assessors:
- You must assess student’s assessment according to the provided Marking Criteria.
- You must complete and record any evidence related to assessment activities including role-plays and presentations using appropriate forms which must be attached with student assessment submission.
- You must provide students with detailed feedback within 10 working days from submission.
This assessment task requires you produce the following drawing using CAD Software available in your work environment:
Select one of the drawings and reproduce it as a 3D representation.
Note: All 8 drawings must be submitted as separate drawings, both electronically and as a hard copy. For the hard copy versions, print directly from the CAD software and for the electronic version, these should be exported from the CAD program, titled to the work environment and submitted in a PDF format.
Throughout this activity, you are required to:
- work within typical site/teamwork structures and methods
- apply worksite communication procedures
- comply with organisational policies and procedures, including quality requirements
- participate in work meetings
- comply with quality requirements
- use industry terminology
- apply appropriate safety procedures
- identify drawing work requirements and determine appropriate software functions and features
- identify features and uses of CAD software used in detail and design drafting
- access and use computing equipment and CAD software functions to produce drawing elements