Subject Code and Title: PUBH6004: Leadership and Effecting Change in Public Health
Assessment: Assessment 3.2: Group Assessment Reflection – Applied Leadership
Length: 1,000 words
Learning Outcomes:This assessment addresses the following learning outcomes: 4. Apply strategies to effectively lead change and facilitate collaboration and the empowerment of others
- Analyse the relationship among leadership, power, ethics, values and different forms of accountability
- Apply strategies for effective change management with individuals, teams and organisations
Submission: Reflection submission due on Sunday (Week 11) by 11:55pm AEST/AEDT*
*Please Note: This time is Sydney time (AEST or AEDT). Please convert to your own time zone (e.g. Adelaide = 11:25pm).
Part 3.1 of the assessment required you to apply leadership skills and strategies explored in the subject as a team and deliver a group presentation (see dedicated brief for instructions).
Part 3.2 is an Individual Reflection task (20%).
Part 3.2: Reflection task (1000 words, 20%)
Part 3.2.1: Self- Assessment: Development of teamwork skills
Reflect on your experience of working with the other group members to prepare your presentation. Focus on answering these questions in your own words:
- How did you prepare/contribute to the team presentation?
- What did you learn about yourself being a member of the team? Briefly discuss how your
communication, leadership, and collaboration skills were developed in the team. Provide concrete examples.
Part 3.2.2: Self-Assessment: Leadership Style
Reflect on the leadership lessons you have learned from our PUBH6004 class about your personal leadership style or the kind of leader you want to be.
- Apply principles covered in class discussions and readings toward the development of your personal leadership style.
- Utilise the results from leadership and/or personality assessments to support your reflection. Please choose one from the options below:
o Howreadyareyoutoassumealeadershiprole?o NorthouseLeadershipSkillsInventory
Your assessment will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Demonstrates learning and growth from self-reflection on experiences, learnings, and leadership practices using appropriate tool. Shows ability to interpret leadership theories, models and tools where applicable. Provides an action plan and a conclusion based on reflection outcome (45%)
- Demonstrates ability to reflect on the process of working with the group focusing on communication, collaboration, and leadership skills that were developed (35%)
- General assessment criteria (20%)
• Use of academic and discipline conventions and sources of evidence