Assignment Cover Sheet
|Course||Pearson BTEC Level 7 – Diploma / Extended Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership|
|Unit No.||Unit 6|
|Unit Name||Creative and Innovative Management|
(Please read the instructions carefully)
First Name Last Name_ abbreviation of the subject.
Example: John Smith_CIM.
Task 1: Report covering LO1, LO2, LO3 & LO4.
|Assignment title||Creative and Innovative Management|
Scope (LOs and ACs) of this assignment:
Learning Outcome 1: Understand the importance of creative and innovative management in organisation.
Learning Outcome 2: Be able to support creative and innovative management processes for an organisation.
Learning Outcome 3: Be able to influence others to effect change in an organisation.
Learning Outcome 4: Be able to plan to overcome barriers to implementation of creative and innovative management ideas in an organisation.
Read the following Scenario, and prepare a report with the guidelines provided.
Scenario: Choose any organisation of your choice, preferably where you are working or familiar with and should be Product oriented / Service oriented / Knowledge oriented. The chosen organisation should have scope for promoting and implementing creative and innovative management ideas. Understand the chosen organisation, its purpose, vision, mission, objectives, goals and its area of business. Also analyze the organisation’s intention to be creative and introduce innovations in its area of business.
Note: The organisation can be a domestic (or) international (or) Multinational (or) Global organisation.
Based on your understanding of the creative and innovative management practices in the chosen organisation, prepare a report by addressing all the questions given below:
The report should include the following:
1) Executive Summary
2) Introduction of the chosen organisation along with overview of CIM activities
3) Understand the current CIM processes in the chosen organisation and evaluate them.
4) Provide a detailed explanation on the steps you would take to lead others in the chosen organisation to positively embrace innovation and change.
5) Explain the Vision and Mission of the chosen organisation and assess the influence of it on CIM processes. You can choose any specific department if it’s a multinational company with different products and services.
6) What are the analytical tools that you would use to identify the potential creative and innovative Management ideas in your chosen organisation? Assess the risk and benefits of CIM ideas.
7) Who are the stakeholders of the chosen organisation? Identify them and produce an appropriate reason and logic to persuade them on the benefits of CIM idea and communicate the CIM idea to them.
8) List few steps you take to collect the feedback from the identified stakeholders and establish key goals and priorities for implementation of CIM ideas which have been decided/finalized.
9) Whenever there is a change process to be implemented in an organisation, involving CIM ideas, it is resisted and barriers may arise.Assess the barriers to the implementation of CIM ideas. What will be the change models that you would like to use to support the implementation of CIM ideas?
10) Give a strategy plan for smooth implementation of CIM which can overcome the identified barriers that you have assessed, and explain how the decided /finalized plan will ensure that the innovative change is achieved. Also explain how will you communicate a strategy plan for overcoming barriers to identified stakeholders
11) Conclusions and recommendations.
12) References (Adhering to Harvard Referencing Format)
The report shall not exceed 5,000 words and should include relevant examples and illustrations.
Connect with us to get answer to this question from creative and innovation management unit NOW!