Asia Pacific International College (APIC)
Unit Code and Title: SBM1203 Venture/Project Economics and Finance
Assessment 4: Applied Project Economic and Finance Analysis and presentation slides
Word count / Time provided: 2000 words and PP presentation slides
Weighting: 40% (30% report, 10% powerpoint presentation slides)
Unit Learning Outcomes: ULO-1, ULO-2, ULO-3, ULO-4
Assessment Details: This assessment is designed to assess your technical, financial, economical and analytical skills in planning , evaluating and implementing a project effectively and efficiently You are required to select a real life project from an organisation of your selection and prepare the report and provide presentation slide. Assume that your have been hired by a contractor wishing to prepare and submit an economical and Financial analysis report of the case project. You should prepare a financial report that focuses on economical aspects of the case project. All submissions should be in MS Word format. In this assignment, the following information should be included:
1. Information about the case project in particular the decision-making situation in which financial/Economical analysis is being applied. In this regard alternatives and their differences should be clearly defined.
2. Assumptions made for modelling and analysis including interest rates, inflation, project life, exchange rate, etc.
3. Risks involved in the case project
4. Cash inflows and outflows for each alternative
5. Financial Analysis of the Case Project
6. Sensitivity Analysis of the Case Project including scenarios for risk and analysis of each scenario.
7. Other non-financial decision making factors involved in the case project (if any)
8. Selection of best alternative
For successful completion of this assessment, you are required to study the material provided (lecture slides, tutorials, and reading materials) and engage in the unit’s activities. Students are expected to discuss their work with tutor / lecturer and to seek support. Submission of the MS-Word file and the MS-PowerPoint file needs to be then made into Canvas before the stipulated deadline. In completing this assessment successfully, you will be able to effectively perform project initiation which will help in achieving ULO-1, ULO-2, ULO-3, ULO-4 and ULO-5.
For solution, connect with online professionals.