SBM4203 ERP System for Larger Organization Assessment 3 Answer
Implementation of SAP programs are taken by more and more companies and increasing its demand day by day. The involvement of mechanics can easily be identified if company given fair chance to do the act. The society has good impact by adopting programme. Whole global use this phishing technique which is very common in cybercrime detect. Phishing is a technique where the someone purpose is to takeout important and crucial information such as passwords, security lock number, username, or financial details and person related information like date of birth, address and name.
To make things more clear, a case study of Tumi has done. Tumi is a travel accessory manufacture firm. Tumi has a disadvantage in regards of incomplete stock and less demanding consumers. The storage by the company are more than the demand. However, Tumi was also struggling with good IT system which could be a addition advantage in storage management and assessing proper demand and supply of customers. After implementing SAP program Tumi slowly and steadily identifies the issue and started using program of SAP like SAP CRM and SAP EWM. These tools helped the company in giving proper statics.
The Project Scope Statements
ERP means Enterprise resource planning is an executive program that helps business in associating with the arrangement of applications used in business and computerize number of back office figure out with the administration, HR in new technique. ERP programming takes care of all the features like development, accumulation, arranging and posting the ad in database, application and UI (Malhotra & Temponi, 2010).. ERP is seen with the scope of good amount of business application, by seeing large utilisation by bigger industry and often need to divide groups to redo and cut down the information and to handling the updates and sent across.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and its benefits and limitations:
Answer: ERP has been explained beautiful on the above lines.
There are advantages of Enterprise Resource Planning are as follows:
- Big industries or companies can carry out the information more swiftly even the data is vast because they manage to control the organisation.
- The probability of repeating the data would be minimal or ignorant
- ERP is accountable between the two different industry as well as hierarchy of the department.
- The efficiency of industry audit can be carried to cut down the cost which are higher side and complexity arises
- The company is more focused .
- The resources of the company are smart enough to take care of further problem by themselves.
- The time usage is more productive and precise.
Seethamraju, (2015). sheds tells how industry manpower planning has help in the carrying out efficiently the packaging of dry food in packing industry. The point of discussion is paper implementation can be carried out in other type of industry very well.
As usual most of the application without system can be perfect. Where there can be suitable measure to the industry resource matrix which include limited disadvantage. Some are mention below:
- The claim and purpose behind the requirement of enterprise manpower planning can go on higher budgeting
- Taking account of such software has to adopt hardware in the industry.
- This software has to be adapting to the hardware used in the company. So the installation of hardware system is very tricky assignment.
- This is time taking responsibility and needs high investment in time and finance both.
- It is compulsory to gel with other applications
- This case study tells about the issues we faced during the implementation of such software in industry, (Venkatraman & Fahd, 2016).
Why should our company should be upgraded with ERP?
Answer: the companies like travel bags manufacturer would highly have advantage by using ERP system. The main purpose of travel Bag Company to use of the ERP system is as follows:
- The latest information are highly involved even though company
- As information systems are evolving at an extremely high pace, if the company is using the more recent systems the chances of being outdated are less.
- The increase in efficiency reflects in the increase in the productivity.
- ERP has change many old carried system by the organisation in making the work simpler and easy , its collaboration with other application has also shown great potential of rise..
- Though the software is very easily and simple to handle, the chance of increasing of end user would be more.
- The finance of IT companies has drastically come down by implementing the ERP system.
The significance of putting the system in industry have briefly elaborated in the paper here (Deshmukh & Kumar, 2016).
Top 10 brands which offer ERP solution to SMEs and comparative analysis:
Answer: Most of the best brands have given Enterprises resource planning are as follows:
|Name of the brands||Features||Is suitable with our company|
|ExpandERP||System can be put into the account of sales and manufacturing business||Yes|
|MMI Xpert - ERP Software||Software are useful for those aiming company looking for profitable business||No|
|Astral Manufacturing ERP||Software is great help for automation and exporting manufacturing industry||Yes|
|CAMS-Exact ERP||System solve the problem for warehouse and inventory management||Yes|
|MarketPowerPRO||This ERP solution commonly carried out in real estate industry||No|
|Oracle ERP||Manages and handle the products and action of obtaining it.||No|
|Sage intacctERP||Helps in achieving milestones of the business||Yes|
|Ramco ERP||Software takes care end to end activity||No|
|MMI Xpert - ERP Software||Software carries out the financial and planning process of production industry||Yes|
|ShareDocs Enterpriser||Document management||No|
Brand that is feasible for our company, other than SAP:
Answer: from the above study about ERPs system, SAP could be complicated to above mentioned industry as it precisely suit to the industry who do travel product manufacturing likes ours. By Sage intacctERP system adds more value due to following reasons:
- Sage intacctERP has direction in regard to the supply chain management like for our company.
- An option for less incurrence of cost is taken care.
- It helps in programmed the data reducing the risk by entering proxy data.
- The understanding is more tough and involves things like finance tracking, generating report, storing report and recording the transaction and maintaining the documents.
- System has been great help to finance department and managing it.
- Given very Custom dashboards for keeping records.
- System helps in increasing the output of the business.
A cost benefit analysis between Sage intacctERP and SAP ERP
|Analysis||Sage intacctERP||SAP ERP|
|List of Features||Order to audit, audit to trail, method of case, tax managing, workflow management, crucial cost reports, easy payment method, avoid frauds, ready to accept globally, plan for demand, deprecation management, cost management system, incorporate the process of work flow.||The process of paying, planning of the output, taking cash, service on request, and cost involved.|
|Prominent Clients||Nike,Voltari,Cento,Zend||McLaren Group, Great Panther Silver Limited, Trigon LLC and Umasons|
|Available Devices||Windows, Mac, IPhone/IPad, Android, Web Based||Windows, Mac, Linux, Web based IPhone|
|Company Size||Small, Large, Medium, Freelancer||Small, Large, Medium|
|Available Support||Email, Phone, Training, Tickets||Email, Phone, Tickets|
Other types of phishing method involves :-
- Spear Phishing: Individuals are aim in this type of attacks. These attacks includes further knowledge collected earlier and integrate in other fundamentals like logo of company, mail address of company, website link and other associates linked with the company, with the background of professional working for them- to look as original as can.
- Whaling: Whaling aims senior or C-level executives of a company as compare to spear phishing attack. Whaling attacks are generally takes the account of the role of executive, using messaging gimmick to catch the victim.
- Link Spoofing: One more alternative lawful URL , it looks original and the hacker uses hateful content by adding to it.
- Website Spoofing: This method is same as define in one of the method of dishonesty is higher , the company and the users are the targets which results in cutoff the growth of the company.
The paper here provides a comprehensive detailing of phishing attacks, (Alsharnouby, Alaca & Chiasson, 2015).
There are few methods one may adopt to safe their ERP system to protect from Phishing attack by the hackers. Some example as follows
- Regularly controlling in accessing administration
- A powerful protection password.
- By putting filter of spam and private clouds
- The process responsible for exchanging data should be highly protected.
- The authority to employees should be given by the company to encoding the message to authorised person.
An anti-phishing method has two type of security to open the id given as per paper here Xavier, et.al., (2017).
If the phishing attack occurs in SAP solution of Tumi, then the chances are high of linking the data by unauthorised users and without fail the process of information in the system.
In the summary the working of responsible assets are deeply judged. The featured of interest and obstacles in providing right direction. Different programming has been examined. A study has taken place to understand why ERP system is apt for larger organisation. The nasty nature and phishing attacker provides help to find exact clues. More ways have been provided by the enterprises in ERP to keep away from such attacks.
Imagine you are a manager of a company which is also running a business like TUMI with similar capital and infrastructure. It has many departments such as sale, marketing, finance, HRM etc. By reading the above article, you are motivated to upgrade your system to ERP. You are required to make a business proposal to convince your CEO about installing ERP system in your company. You must address the followings in your proposal through considerable amount of literature review.
1. What is Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)? Its benefits and limitations. 2. Why do you believe your company should be upgraded with ERP? 3. List the top 10 brands which offer ERP solution to SMEs. 4. Do a comparative analysis among of them. 5. Which brand do you think is feasible to your company, other than SAP, and why? Justify your arguments with a detailed cost benefit analysis