Setting up Team and Requirement of Effective Communication
Part A: Case Study
- Stefania needs to make several considerations before setting up her team to achieve the listed goals. In order to coordinate all the teams and manage relationships, she will need to set up a management team which should include social media team, training team and marketing team. The first team should be assembled because there is a lot of emphasis on websites and internet promotion and advertisements during a product launch nowadays. The second team should be setup in order to coordinate with the Human Resource Department to ensure that everyone's adept in their activities. Lastly, the marketing team should ensure that every aspect of marketing is coordinated with the latest updates and schemes. Every team must have a leader and under him or her, there would be at least five members responsible for their respective teams.
- Stefania has employed various methods to encourage her team members; the most significant one was to motivate them by inculcating ideas of reward and recognition. Furthermore, she also put considerable amount of control on every individuals’ activities through report from individual team leaders. Hero instinct of detecting which employee may face an issue or is currently facing some problem has also helped her in effectively addressing member specific hindrances.
- Since she is working on teams that are not directly under her control or vigilance, she might face issues of disobedience and misunderstanding between teams. She can resolve these issues by conducting brief meetings with each team leader and discuss with them the prospect of the job and explain to them the roles they will play for the launch. This will help every member of the team to see the bigger picture and resolve their respective misunderstandings.
- In order to ensure that Kristian has all information required for the meeting, Stefania should employ different communication tools that are independent of each other. This includes using phone calls, e-mail, fax and social media messaging. In this way, if one of the tools fails, the others would act as security or backup for the shared information.
Q1: Written Response
- One of the teams that I was a part of was Arts and Drama Club during my first and second years in university; I was one of the two coordinators of the team and my job was to ensure that every member of the team cooperates and collaborates with each other. I also acted as a liaison between the tea leader and the member of the team. The primary tam goal were based on Belbin’s team role theory, which highlights the importance of team balance; the theory states how a balanced team is more effective than an unbalanced one (Senaratne & Gunawardane, 2015).
- This team was highly effective due to two primary reasons - balance and coordination. As stated by Bolman & Deal (2017), balance and coordination are vital in a team without which a team is ineffective. This was highly considered for our team and this also provided a backbone for the team leader, coordinator and members to be equally contributing towards decisions and artistic choices.
- Team panning is one of the most crucial aspects of maintaining longevity and effectivity of a team (Mone & London, 2018). Regarding this, our team was very carefully planned as it did not just consist of members and leader but also coordinators. This was highly effective and influenced the team greatly in terms of our performance because the three tier structure of the tea helped to prioritize different things for each tier, members prioritized performance, coordinators ensured coordination and leaders were in charge of directing and managing the entire team.
- Communication within this team was highly efficient, we employed different communication tools but the two primary ones were social media messaging (Whatsapp and Facebook) and phone calls. As per Men (2014), using more than one communication tool is vital for team communication. Hence, this ensured that if one of the tools did not work, we could rely on the other.
- One issue that had caused quite a hindrance was the team size - the team had 50 members excluding the leader and coordinators. Due to the large size communication was a key issue and it had caused several misunderstanding between various members, During this time the use of social media messaging was not established and after assessing this problem, the team leader and coordinators decided that there should social media groups so that every member can voice their issue seamlessly.
Q2: Case Study
- The issue of conflict in every team member can be resolved by effective communication and coordination with each other (Shu et al., 2017). Considering this, I would assemble the two members and conduct a meeting between the three of us. In the meeting I would ask one to present their ideas and opinions and then follow it with the next person. After I have gotten an insight on the gaps between their opinions and ideas, I will deduce what has to be done. Ideally my decision would be to ask the detail oriented person to collaborate with the other and additionally I would ask a highly imaginative individual to help them both to implement their plans.
- As a team leader, I would ensure that every member has a voice and that their ideas are considered for important decisions. Providing opportunities to members of a team ensures that the team is interactive (Boies, Fiset & Gill, 2015). In this context, I would let my members to openly discuss about their conflicts and issues with each other while allowing everyone to give input on team strategy and management.
- In order to engage my team members to come up with innovative ideas and ensure their productivity I will use measures of motivation. This includes providing rewards, both in terms of praise and money. Furthermore, I will also engage my team members through recreational provisions such as a team trip to a relevant organisation while also providing them with examples of teams with great productivity and innovation.
I had a harsh week as I was extremely debilitated and every one of my assignments were getting excessively and caused me an incredible mental breakdown. A companion of mine seeing my circumstance asked me to utilize ABC Assignment encourage, their quick and efficient administrations helped me complete my Contract Law Assignment with less stress
Rihanna, New South Wales
I grew up in a family full of lawyers and this got me inspired to become one too and having joined Law school I was very motivated and wanted to analyze case studies and learn the knacks of the discipline. With ABC Assignment help I was able to do it easily without any complications because of their stress-free process and many thanks to the team.
Online Assignment Help services a year ago was not something I would have used due to past fraudulent experience where I was cheated and always took up the burden of being perfect. I have to accept that it got too much over the period of time and I was super worried and my friend told me to check ABC assignment Help and I was very reluctant because of my past. I challenged my fear and went ahead and I was very impressed with their services for consumer law assignments and I am a regular user since then.
Hilary , Queensland