Abc Assignment Help

Ways Businesses Use And Assess Government Websites in Local Area Assessment Answer

Total Words: 1200

Social Inclusion Issue: Information and Communication Technology

Topic: Address how businesses use and assess government websites in the local area, especially regarding the delivery of regulatory information.

Participants: An undisclosed number of participants took part in a survey of randomly selected businesses in the local electorate.

Structure: 

  • Abstract (no longer than 150 words) 
  • Introduction
  • Results (use 2 tables below) 
  • Discussion 
  • Reference List

Data set 1:

Table 1. Local business perceptions of government, comparing government website/internet users with non-users.



Data set 2:

Table 2. Local business satisfaction with government websites (Number of government website/internet users is 545).



NB: You do not have to reference the Tables because this assignment imagines that you have developed them as a result of your research. Do not include table(s)/figure(s) from any other source.

Answer

Data Analysis

Abstract

In this report, the two groups broadly consist of people who are either the users of the internet or government websites and the second group comprised of people who are not the users of either internet or government websites. Two surveys have been conducted and the identified second survey is entirely related to the satisfaction related to government websites and it has been found that rather find the offline mode to be faster and much convenient. It is found that 90% of the users who have been surveyed found the e-mode of availing government services to be far better and comfortable in using. Nonetheless, it has been found that 74% of the non-users of government websites and 80% of the users of website users feel ease in getting and availing the government services as and when they need them for their business
Introduction

In the current globalized world, nearly every country is governed using a democratic regime. Through the democratic culture, democracy allows business houses the freedom to operate freely in the country, yet their scope to conduct any illegitimate action is wound up by laying several regulations. To comply with the regulations which the representative government has set up, the business houses need to be completely aware of and literate about those applicable regulations. The following report is based on the assessment of the level with which these business houses make use of the regulatory and other information applicable to them using government websites. Also, the common perception underlying the tax payment regulations and other government services is also being surveyed. The survey method has been used to conduct the research.

Results

The survey has been conducted in a local electorate, wherein the population broadly consisted of two groups. The two groups broadly consist of people who are either the users of the internet or government websites and the second group comprised of people who are not the users of either internet or government websites. Two surveys have been conducted. The first survey has been conducted on the entire population wherein the research questions dealt with the perception of local businesses towards taxation and assessment towards government services and regulatory information. The second survey is entirely related to the satisfaction related to government websites and hence is conducted only on government website users. They rather find the offline mode to be faster and much convenient. 90% of the users who have been surveyed found the e-mode of availing government services to be far better and comfortable in using. This shows that all the transactions are being divulged in the table given as below and the results are as follows (Al-Hassan, Lu, & Lu, J2015).data set 1data set 2

Discussion

Based on the survey one, presented through data table 1, three basic perceptions of business houses in relation to the value received for tax paid, accessibility of government services and regulatory information are researched. The business houses that use government websites, as well as those who do not use them, have found to have the same opinion with respect to the value which they have received against every penny of money which they have expenses as a compulsory tax to the government. Also, the frequency of the non-users of government websites is a way lot higher than the users of the internet or government websites (Whincop, 2017). It is analysed that 10.1% of the non-internet users agree strongly to the notion of being redeemed satisfactorily against the taxes which they pay, while for the users of the government website the percentage is marginally at the same edge of 9.9%. This is shown that the main services which are accessed by the businesses through e-portal include tax filing, gathering information on tax legislation, seeking clarification on legislative doubts and queries, filing complaints on inadequate basic services. This shows the in-efficiency of the recording data to support the recorded items in the books of accounts. Nonetheless, the common perception underlying the tax payment regulations and other government services is also being surveyed. It shows the tax obligation of the recorded items (Nguyen, 2016)

The business houses when operating in a certain government-aligned land are necessarily require to opt government services along with private services for the smooth conduct of their business. These services are provided to the government which includes business infrastructure, fire services, emergency services, electricity, water, etc. These are general necessities that any business needs at the most to transact activities. When surveyed, the non-users of government websites as well as the users of them feel the same towards the accessibility of those services. Around 74% of the non-users of government websites and 80% of the users of website users feel ease in getting and availing the government services as and when they need them for their business. Only the remaining percentage feels themselves to have difficulty in accessing those services (Fan, & Yang, 2015).

To comply with government regulations, it becomes inevitable for businesses to obtain unambiguous and clear information about them. These regulations could only be interpreted clearly and then be followed when the government aids the businesses to easily access and understand them. When compared to the non-users of government websites, the users of these websites are much more updated and informed about the applicable government rules. The disagreement percentage for the non-users of websites is 6% higher as compared to the users of these government websites. But, the frequency of the non-users exceeds the users by a strong margin.

The data set 2 is a summary set of a survey conducted only on the people who use government websites. This is based on the secondary sources of the data which helps in strengthen the reporting framework and all the data have been supported in the recorded books of accounts. When these users were asked to rate the quality observed by them of the government websites, they strongly found the quality of e-government websites to be satisfactorily fine concerning their user-friendliness, services offered and response rate (Fan, & Yang, 2015). Around 87.6% of the people surveyed have given this response. The rest 12.4% of people believe the quality to be extremely poor. The second question asked in the survey related to whether the businesses were able to have easy access to the resolutions and information which was reflected on the government website or the e-government portal. 85.5% of the surveyed population agree at different levels with the notion of obtaining the required information when they accessed the e-government portals. The remaining 14.5% of the population still find glitches in the portal and feel uneasy to access the information needed by them.  

Currently, the government is not limited to provisioning services in an offline mode. The services receipt and clarifications are now able to be clarified by the users through the use of the online mode. The e-government portals are developed by spending a huge amount by the government and it is a venture by the government to facilitate the business 24*7. Recently internet usage is widespread and every business uses the internet for one thing or another. The main services which are accessed by the businesses through e-portal include tax filing, gathering information on tax legislation, seeking clarification on legislative doubts and queries, filing complaints on inadequate basic services like electricity, transportation roads, water facility, checking regulatory amendments, filing for subsidies, etc. (Corradini, Polzonetti, & Riganelli, 2018). 

Conclusion

Many businesses feel comfortable using the internet as a means to avail of these services, while a portion of the business population still feels a lot of discomposure while availing e-government facilities. They rather find the offline mode to be faster and much convenient. 90% of the users who have been surveyed found the e-mode of availing government services to be far better and comfortable in using. For them, this mode is faster and convenient as well. Only 10% of the surveyed users find the e-mode to get governmental services inappropriate.

Customer Testimonials