What is an algorithm?
An algorithm is a logical step-by-step procedure for solving a specific problem. An algorithm is a set of sequential steps which are used to solve any specific problem. These steps are normally written in pseudocode or as a flowchart. Inspecting various ways of solving a problem can assist you to find the best method to solve it.
An algorithm should be design in such a way that solve a problem efficiently in less time and space
The main important feature of an algorithm design contains generating an efficient algorithm to solve a problem in a well-organized way using least time and space.
- Divide and conquer approach
- The greedy method
- Dynamic programming
- Branch and bound and many more
- Time complexity
- Space complexity
An algorithm is that procedure that generates the solution to a question or the response to a problem in a limited number of steps. An algorithm generates answer either yes or no. An algorithm that generates a yes or no answer is known as a decision procedure; one that shows to a result is a computation procedure.
Examples of an algorithm:
There are so many real life and computer science examples available, such as making tea, making banana shake, pack a bag etc.- these are real life examples. Find the smallest and largest number from an unsorted list etc.- these are computer science examples.
To find the largest number in an unsorted list of numbers would be very simple example of an algorithm. If a list of six different numbers are given, you find this in no time and no computer needed.
Steps in an Algorithm Development Process:
Algorithm Design Techniques in Data Structures:
There are many techniques used in algorithm design which are as follows-
Characteristics of algorithm design:
There are some characteristics which should follow by every algorithm. They are given as follows:
Advantages of algorithm design:
Some advantages of algorithm design are as follows:
Disadvantages of Algorithms:
1. Time consuming: Algorithm is time taking process. It takes too much time in building algorithms.
2. It is Difficult to display repetitions (Branching and Looping) in Algorithms.
3. In Algorithms, large functions are difficult to place.
Difference between algorithm and program:
|- An algorithm is a before construct a machine in software engineering|
- To write an algorithm, person has respective domain knowledge.
- Algorithm are fully independent on hardware and operating system.
- Algorithms can be written in any language like english, hindi french, chinese etc
- We use the analyze technique to check the logics (bug or error) in any algorithms.
|- After get design, we need to implement codes to build the machine in software engineering|
- To write the programming codes, we need to programmers.
- Programs are fully dependent on hardware and operting system.
- Program can be written in any programming language like c, c++, java, c#, php, python etc.
- We use the testing techniques to check the bug or error in any programming language.
Difference algorithm as well as flowchart:
|- It's procedure with regard to resolving difficulties|
- The procedure is actually shown within step-by-step instruction.
- It's complicated as well as hard to understand
- It's handy in order to debug errors.
- The perfect solution is show throughout in natural language.
- It's fairly simpler to resolve complicated problem
|- It's graphic representation of the procedure.|
- The procedure is actually shown within block by block information diagram
- It's user-friendly as well as clear to understand
- It's difficult in order to debug errors.
- The perfect solution is show throughout in pictorial format.
- It's difficult to resolve complicated problem.
The reason why students require Algorithm Homework Help tutors’ assistance
Choosing an online homework help website is very important for improving academic performance. Our customer service people are always available throughonline chat service on our website abchomeworkhelp.com at any time even while we're working 24 hours, 7 days a week for instant homework online.
Contact us for homework writing services for all college and university subjects. 100% on-time delivery guaranteed. We will write your homework for A+ grades. So, send your Algorithm homework doubt or sample project at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the homework deadlines to us and all homework get completed on time within agreed deadline.