What is TCP/IP networking?
TCP/IP is a combination of two protocols. TCP stands for Transmission Control Protocol and IP stands for Internet Protocol. TCP/IP is refers as the language of the Internet. TCP/IP is a collection of standardized rules that permit computer systems to communicate on a network such as the internet. Now a days, TCP/IP becomes the main protocol that is used in all Internet operations.
As we know there are 7 layers in OSI model. TCP/IP is a layered protocol, it is used in data link layer but does not use in all layers of the OSI model.
So TCP/IP is a data link protocol used on the internet that deals with the collaboration of the data transfer (send and receive data) between end systems(computers) and hosts. It also shows how much data to send, at what rate, where it goes, etc. TCP/IP altogether refers as Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol and makes it possible for systems to communicate with one another across networks connected to the internet .
The main objective of TCP/IP model is to allow communication over large network as internet.
TCP/IP Model helps you to decide how a particular system should be connected to the internet and how data should be transferred among them. It helps you to make a digital and effective network when various computer networks are joined together.
Example of TCP/IP : An action of accessing a website by a person is the best example of TCP/IP.
TCP/IP configuring on Windows operating systems :
Follow the following steps to configure the TCP/IP on your system.
TCP IP model in detail :
There are the 4 layers of the TCP IP model. These are as follows:
1. The Application, 2. Transport, 3. Network, and 4. Link layers .
Each layer has its own specific function within the TCP/IP protocol suite. When the model layers are connected and transmitted then communication can establish between computers.
Step by step working of TCP/IP :
Let’s follow the following steps in the process of transmitting a packet with TCP/IP.
How TCP/IP works ?
TCP/IP is a two-layered software: the upper layer (TCP) break down(divide) a message content into small pieces called "data packets" that are then transferred over the Internet and this transferred message is joined (re-assembled) back into the message's original form by the receiving computer's .
Features of TCP/IP :
Supports Interoperability and coordination.
The advantages of TCP/IP protocol are :
The disadvantages of TCP/IP protocol are :
The disadvantages of the TCP/IP model are
Usual TCP/IP communication problems involve the incapacity to interface with a host on your network . It also occurs routing problems.
Comparisons between osi and tcp/ip model : -
|TCP/IP Reference Model:||OSI Reference Model:|
- Introduced by department of defense of US
- Uses loose layering resulting in horizontal layers
- Oldest model
- Internet protocol standard
- Software dependent model
- There are the 4 layers of the TCP IP model. i.e, 1). The Application, 2). Transport, 3). Network, and 4). Link layers . Each layer has its own specific function within the TCP/IP protocol suite. When the model layers are connected and transmitted then communication can establish between computers.
- Not distinguishes between service, interface and protocol
- Protocol in tcp/ip are not hidden and thus can not be replaced easily.
- An action of accessing a website by a person is the best example of TCP/IP.
- It is introduced by ISO
- Uses strict layering resulting in vertical layers
- Newer model
- General network standard
- Software and hardware dependent model
- There are the 7 layers in OSI model. TCP/IP is a layered protocol, it is used in data link layer but does not use in all layers of the OSI model. Each layer has its own specific function within the TCP/IP protocol suite. When the model layers are connected and transmitted then communication can establish between computers.
- Distinguishes between service interface and protocol
- Protocol in OSI model are between hidden and can be replaces relatively easily
The reason why students require TCP/IP Networking Homework Help tutors’ assistance
Choosing an online homework help website is very important for improving academic performance. Our customer service people are always available throughonline chat service on our website abchomeworkhelp.com at any time even while we're working 24 hours, 7 days a week for instant homework online.
Contact us for homework writing services for all college and university subjects. 100% on-time delivery guaranteed. We will write your homework for A+ grades. So, send your TCP/IP Networking homework doubt or sample project at email@example.com along with the homework deadlines to us and all homework get completed on time within agreed deadline.