Database Homework Help
What do you mean by database? Explain with examples.
A database also known as electronic database, is a systematic collection of organized information or data, generally saved electronically in a computer system. A database is a data structure that keeps information (data) in a particular order. Then the data can be retrieved, modified and organized easily. Most of the databases use structured query language (SQL) for fetching the data by writing queries.
A database is specially formed for providing quick and fast search and efficient access by a computer. Databases are organized to simplify the activities of data retrieval (access), modification, and deletion of data in associated with multiple data-processing operations. We can access, modify or delete data from a database in such a way that it’s integrity or consistency will remain the same.
Database example :
Now a days, database is used almost in all companies and organizations.
For example, a company database may involve tables for products, employees details, and transaction records etc. Each of these tables would have different fields that are compatible to the information stored in the table.
Databases are also used to manage records of daily life services.
For instance all use database such as your restaurant, hospital, grocery store, bank, online shopping sites, favorite clothing store and mobile service provider, to store records of customer, employee, inventory or stock and accounting information.
Types of databases :
- Relational databases- It is the oldest and the most useful database. It is used around since the 1970s.
- Hierarchical databases- In hierarchical database data is stored in the records form and arranged into parent child structure or tree like structure. Each parent vertex may contain many child vertices linked through arcs or lines.
- Network Databases- In this type of database many files can be connected to many owner files. It’s reverse can be also performed.
- No SQL databases- NoSQL database is widely used in large data applications and real time web applications. It is also called a non-relation database.
- Columnar databases- It is used to store data in columns form rather than rows.
- Cloud databases- This database gives the ability to convert your business on a reliable platform. It gives high user supports and interfaces and provides the full freedom of database maintenance.
- Object-oriented databases- Object oriented database is basically objects based and used to manage complex data objects. These are used to create real life applications.
- Wide column databases- Wide column database is a kind of No SQL database. It stores data in the form of tables, rows and columns. It interpreted data as a two dimensional key value store.
- Key-value databases- Key value databases work like a non relational database. It is a simple key value mechanism to store data. A unique identifier is assigned to each key value.
Importance of database :
The data, in a database is collected in such a systematic way in which the information or data is retrieved, modified and managed easily.
Database systems are very essential to your organization because they share information associated to your product inventory record (catalogue), customer or client profiles, sales transactions and marketing activities.
Database skills :
Database skills are capability and awareness that are needed for database corresponding duties like database development and database management. This is a vast and miscellaneous field of IT department that may be crucial to a certain type of database like relational or NoSql databases.
The Database performs the following functions:
- Management of Data Dictionary- It manages data dictionary efficiently.
- Multi-User Access Control- It supports multiple user accessibility at the same time.
- Data Integrity Management- Always it helps to manage database consistency.
- Data Transformation and Presentation- It displays data in a simple way.
- Data Storage Management- It manages data storage space as well.
- Backup and Recovery Management- It helps to take backup of data. It also helps to restore data that is being lost.
- Security Management- It provides high level of security.
Database features :
It offers many key features:
- Multi user support - granted data to be shared by several users.
- Controls who can use and modify the data.
- Keep information in one central location.
- Provides user interfaces to deal with the data.
- Creates backups and allow data recovery also.
Benefits of database :
- Better data transferring and data Security.
- Reduced data inconsistency and faster data Access
- Supports Confidentiality, Privacy, and Security.
- Simple and better decision making
- Boost end-user productivity
- Improved data sharing (data access) :- The DBMS assists to make an environment in which end users can access or share better managed data efficiently.
- Improved decision making
- Reduces Data Redundancy : Database minimize duplication of data or data redundancy.
- Offers efficient sharing of data : The database users can share the data efficiently among themselves, in a database,.
- Better Data Integrity : Data integrity means that the data is precise and compatible in the database.
Some drawbacks of database :
- Huge size and increased cost.
- Lack of Backup and Monitoring- It is hard to take backup and recovery of lengthy (large) database.
- Requirement of technical staff .
- User and query clashes.
- Scaling and capacity problems.
- Complexity- A DBMS accomplishes many needs and it solves many issues affiliated to databases.
- Database Failure
- Inappropriate Virtual Machine Setup.
- Maintenance is not free - Maintenance is also costly.
- Slow Read and Write Speeds- Due to high discontinuation for disk, read/writes performance can slowdowns.
- Slow Query Performance and Configuration
The reason why students require Database Homework Help tutors’ assistance
Choosing an online homework help website is very important for improving academic performance. Our customer service people are always available throughonline chat service on our website abchomeworkhelp.com at any time even while we're working 24 hours, 7 days a week for instant homework online.
Contact us for homework writing services for all college and university subjects. 100% on-time delivery guaranteed. We will write your homework for A+ grades. So, send your Database homework doubt or sample project at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the homework deadlines to us and all homework get completed on time within agreed deadline.